CC and Alcohol

This is a discussion on CC and Alcohol within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Granted that I'm 20 years old and I have to wait about 2 months to legally drink regardless, I grew up in a dry house ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 79
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: CC and Alcohol

  1. #61
    Member Array JaySkiBum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    288
    Granted that I'm 20 years old and I have to wait about 2 months to legally drink regardless, I grew up in a dry house hold. My Dad has always told me that booze is an expensive habit (like smoking) and that he only drinks if it's free...like if we were at a company outing or something at a ball game and they would hand out free beer tickets. Ignoring my age I don't drink anyways. If there's glass bottles in the fridge it's probably IBC soda.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #62
    Member Array houdini's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    m a
    Posts
    245
    never drink and have a gun on you

  4. #63
    VIP Member Array zonker1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    What about firearms and tobacco? Or caffeine? Both are also drugs.
    I don't remember the last time someone was pulled over in a vehicle and arrested because they were under the influence of tobacco or caffeine. A little common sense should prevail here with the use of firearms and alcohol. For those that drink and carry, good luck with that philosophy. Your defense lawyer will wanna kill you himself if you ever have to use your weapon while "drinking in moderation".

    Google this phrase and look at the results that come up....

    shooting, alchohol involved

    ........a liberal media field day. And make no mistake....we are not the only ones reading responses on this forum, been there, have the freaking t-shirt.
    Last edited by zonker1986; April 9th, 2012 at 09:42 PM.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

  5. #64
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I don't remember the last time someone was pulled over in a vehicle and arrested because they were under the influence of tobacco or caffeine. A little common sense should prevail here with the use of firearms and alcohol. For those that drink and carry, good luck with that philosophy. Your defense lawyer will wanna kill you himself if you ever have to use your weapon while "drinking in moderation".
    I agree!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  6. #65
    Ex Member Array MadMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I don't understand why? He is a true blue patriotic American who takes his 2nd Amendment rights seriously. That is why he has survived and lived such a long fulfilling life. He is well into his 70s.
    So, by not going to a family wedding and visiting his dying mother, he's lived into his 70's becasue of his support for the 2A?

    My wife's grandmother refused to touch a gun, and lived to 97. It must be her refusal to risk being around guns resulted in her longevity.

    My grandmother never ate carrots and lived into her 90s. It must be that carrots result in early death.

    All drug addicts drank milk as children. Milk is a gateway drug.

    Correlation =/= causation.

  7. #66
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
    It seems your uncle has.

    "missed his daughters wedding because it was in a posted zone and wouldn't visit his mother as she lay dying because hospitals are a no go"
    How so? He has not stopped living his life, he is alive and well. I spoke with him a few days ago.

    He chooses to support our 2nd Amendment and our Constitution, what is wrong with being a patriot and a real American? He has not stopped living his life, unless I am misinterpreting the meaning of what you are saying. Please explain.

  8. #67
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I don't remember the last time someone was pulled over in a vehicle and arrested because they were under the influence of tobacco or caffeine. A little common sense should prevail here with the use of firearms and alcohol. For those that drink and carry, good luck with that philosophy. Your defense lawyer will wanna kill you himself if you ever have to use your weapon while "drinking in moderation".

    Google this phrase and look at the results that come up....

    shooting, alchohol involved

    ........a liberal media field day. And make no mistake....we are not the only ones reading responses on this forum, been there, have the freaking t-shirt.
    Have you ever seen how some people get without their cigarette in the morning? Or their cup of coffee? In Chicago a man assaulted a woman and knocked out 28 of her teeth because she refused to give him a cigarette. Man killed in Florida over a cigarette. I would argue that the desire for a cigarette on behalf of a tobacco smoker is just as bad as the desire for a hit of crack by a crackhead. Here are some more links over people murdering others over the evil scourge of tobacco that threatens our beautiful nation.

    Here we see a man ready to commit acts of violence over a cup of coffee to get his "fix" for the dangerous drug Caffeine. It is terrible and shocking.

    Apparently Caffeine like Alcohol can cause mental problems and I don't think people should carry or even have so much as a drop of coffee or any substances containing a substance as dangerous as caffeine in it.

    I am sure you would agree, right?

  9. #68
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    So, by not going to a family wedding and visiting his dying mother, he's lived into his 70's becasue of his support for the 2A?

    My wife's grandmother refused to touch a gun, and lived to 97. It must be her refusal to risk being around guns resulted in her longevity.

    My grandmother never ate carrots and lived into her 90s. It must be that carrots result in early death.

    All drug addicts drank milk as children. Milk is a gateway drug.

    Correlation =/= causation.
    I don't think her avoiding guns is what resulted in her longevity. I think she would have made it to at least 107 had she been armed 24/7/365.

    So what is the correlation and causation argument involving alcohol and guns?

  10. #69
    Member Array kinoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    136
    I've never understood any zero tollerance policies or mindthoughts. Live is far too many shades of gray for absolutes. Fortunately in Nevadaw we do not have this problem. Our laws were never updated for the. 08 BAC for driving, so were legal in public at 1.0 and no limit at home.

    In Switzerland it isn't unusual to have a glass of wine or two prior to a match, shoot (amazingly without injury), and then have dinner and more wine at the range.

    If one or two beers turns you into an idiot or *******, you're most likely an idiot or ******* sober, and no one can help you with that.

    With this being said, I'll carry to dinner and have a beer with my Burger without giving it a second thought. If I have to use my firearm to defend myself the presence of alcohol won't turn a good shoot into a bad one all by itself.
    Toorop likes this.

  11. #70
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I don't think her avoiding guns is what resulted in her longevity. I think she would have made it to at least 107 had she been armed 24/7/365.

    So what is the correlation and causation argument involving alcohol and guns?
    Ya know Toorpo. I won't call ya a troll but latley your comments are troll like. Unless you really beleive your uncle is a great patriot for putting his 2A rights above family. If that is the case I feel for you and him. Very sad.

  12. #71
    Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,330
    If you want to drink and carry, stay at home. You can always carry OC spray if you're drinking (in certain states). Bars are bad news anyways, nothing good ever happens.



    ...Not sure who I'm saying this to :/
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

  13. #72
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Ya know Toorpo. I won't call ya a troll but latley your comments are troll like. Unless you really beleive your uncle is a great patriot for putting his 2A rights above family. If that is the case I feel for you and him. Very sad.
    I just don't understand why people want to pat themselves on the back for not drinking and for saying that the presence of a gun changes them. If you need a gun to behave more responsibly, then there is an issue.

    If a gun can make you behave and act more mature, then surely it can make you act more immature and become a more dangerous and violent person? Right? I read so many posts stating that people are acting more mature and not getting into confrontations as well as avoiding conflict, why weren't they doing this before?

    And my uncle is a patriot. I have read on a few forums that people won't go to their family members homes because those family members do not want them to carry. My uncle is the same way, he doesn't go somewhere if he can't carry. How is it different then people who don't go to bars because they cannot carry or go to certain stores or businesses because carry is not allowed? He is the same way and I just named some examples that I remember him telling me that he could not come because of the carry laws in place. I just happened to be at the wedding and the death of my great aunt. I am sure he didn't come to a few baseball games because of it but I wasn't there to ask him. I don't see why it is such a big deal to you, so please enlighten me.

  14. #73
    Member Array INHUMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    If you don't carry, you could be killed.

    I've mentioned my uncle many times on here, the one who missed his daughters wedding because it was in a posted zone and wouldn't visit his mother as she lay dying because hospitals are a no-go in his state. Well he is well into his old age and has lived. He has survived and lived a pretty fulfilling life. He knows that not carrying could lead to death. We should all remember that.
    I personally think that's just a TAD overkill, and a TAD selfish. I think we should all also remember that next to ourselves, or even more so, our families are important. I don't know what his existing relationship was with those two women, but I'm sure if it were semi normal both women were very hurt. I would never do something like that to someone I loved or respected. That's just me.

  15. #74
    Ex Member Array MadMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    If you don't carry, you could be killed.

    I've mentioned my uncle many times on here, the one who missed his daughters wedding because it was in a posted zone and wouldn't visit his mother as she lay dying because hospitals are a no-go in his state. Well he is well into his old age and has lived. He has survived and lived a pretty fulfilling life. He knows that not carrying could lead to death. We should all remember that.
    You imply that correlation = causation. Namely, the only reason he has been able to lead a fulfilling life into his 70's is because refuses to ever disarm (like I believe that). A patriot? I'd call him something else.

    Not carrying could lead to death? I hate to break it to you, but everything we do leads to death. Personally, I put family and faith way above the Second Amendment, but that's just me.
    Last edited by OD*; April 10th, 2012 at 03:51 PM.

  16. #75
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I just don't understand why people want to pat themselves on the back for not drinking and for saying that the presence of a gun changes them. If you need a gun to behave more responsibly, then there is an issue.

    If a gun can make you behave and act more mature, then surely it can make you act more immature and become a more dangerous and violent person? Right? I read so many posts stating that people are acting more mature and not getting into confrontations as well as avoiding conflict, why weren't they doing this before?

    And my uncle is a patriot. I have read on a few forums that people won't go to their family members homes because those family members do not want them to carry. My uncle is the same way, he doesn't go somewhere if he can't carry. How is it different then people who don't go to bars because they cannot carry or go to certain stores or businesses because carry is not allowed? He is the same way and I just named some examples that I remember him telling me that he could not come because of the carry laws in place. I just happened to be at the wedding and the death of my great aunt. I am sure he didn't come to a few baseball games because of it but I wasn't there to ask him. I don't see why it is such a big deal to you, so please enlighten me.
    WOW! 2A Extremists. I don't how to respond to this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

can i consume alcohol with my concealed carry
,
can i drink alcohol and carry my pistol
,

can you carry a gun while drinking in missouri

,
can you drink while you conseal an carry
,

can you have a beer while concealed carry

,

can you have a beer while concealed darrying

,

concealed carry while drinking

,
virginia concealed carry can you have a beer
,
wi ccw alcohol
,
wisconsin concealed carry intoxicated prior
,
wisconsin concealed carry law alcohol zero tolerance?
,
zero tolerance while carrying a gun
Click on a term to search for related topics.