CC and Alcohol

This is a discussion on CC and Alcohol within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by houdini never drink and have a gun on you That sums it up nicely....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: CC and Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by houdini View Post
    never drink and have a gun on you

That sums it up nicely.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I just don't understand why people want to pat themselves on the back for not drinking and for saying that the presence of a gun changes them. If you need a gun to behave more responsibly, then there is an issue.

If a gun can make you behave and act more mature, then surely it can make you act more immature and become a more dangerous and violent person? Right? I read so many posts stating that people are acting more mature and not getting into confrontations as well as avoiding conflict, why weren't they doing this before?

And my uncle is a patriot. I have read on a few forums that people won't go to their family members homes because those family members do not want them to carry. My uncle is the same way, he doesn't go somewhere if he can't carry. How is it different then people who don't go to bars because they cannot carry or go to certain stores or businesses because carry is not allowed? He is the same way and I just named some examples that I remember him telling me that he could not come because of the carry laws in place. I just happened to be at the wedding and the death of my great aunt. I am sure he didn't come to a few baseball games because of it but I wasn't there to ask him. I don't see why it is such a big deal to you, so please enlighten me.
    The deal is the wedding and funeral were events that had a 100% probability of happening. No putting either one off, except if cold feet happened on the wedding. However the probability of any one person (excluding LEO's and military) being in a self defense situation on a given day is very, very, very small. To equate going to a bar with going to a family members wedding or funeral is laughable. Bars are open every day, weddings and funerals for that particular member of the family is a once in a lifetime event. (maybe not with the wedding)

Going beyond the probability of each event happening, the gun which we carry should be the last tool in our tool box. At any event where we have to go and we can't carry, there are many things we can do to lessen the likelyhood of being caught in a life threatening situation in the rare event it takes place at the same time we happen to be without a gun. Our minds and situational awareness should be the first. Placing ourselves in the best possible spot for quick exit but good oberservation of the event, entrances, exits and such is likely going to be better than having a gun on you. If it is a large event with lots of people, the likelyhood of being in a place that you could successfully use a gun without injury to innocent people is pretty slim as well.

To place one's ability to carry a gun above family in certain situations is just wrong in my view. I certainly won't skip being at my parents bedside when they are dying because the hospital is posted. I certainly don't skip my son's school activities because schools are off limits.

If folks aren't willing to assume some risk to themselves for others benefit I can't see calling them patriots. After all, all former and current members of the military have/are assuming risk to protect the rest of the country. Think about it.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    It is neither sarcasm nor lunacy. Nobody has stopped their life for a gun.
    By your own admission it would seem that your unkle has. And a far as Im concerned that is lunacy....
    MadMac likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I do not drink when armed. I never drink away from home--at home is something else entirely. I feel that if I've had a few stiff Jacks, and two hours later some slimeball tries to break in and do my family harm, I would be justified in using deadly force, regardless of my BAC. But I don't press my luck by carrying and drinking, under any circumstances.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links