tough choices

tough choices

This is a discussion on tough choices within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a new side arm... and not sure what I want.. I do know I want a 45.. just not sure if I ...

Thread: tough choices

tough choices

I'm looking for a new side arm... and not sure what I want.. I do know I want a 45.. just not sure if I want the new xdm 45 compact.. or kimber cdp 2 or something compact 4in barrel.. anyone got any ideas and input. Right now I carry xd sub compact 40...

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    What are your main intended uses for the firearm? What do you like/dislike about your current XD? Why .45?

The HK45C is on my "want list" and is a fantastic pistol. I assume the CDP you are looking at is the PRO 4" model. I've owned several Kimber's over the years and haven't had any issues, (early Custom Classic and custom shop RCP II). My current .45 is a Colt Combat Elite and I've found in 1911's I prefer Government Models and Commander's over 4" guns.

I have a Colt 1911 Gov in 45acp and a SA XDm 3.8 Compact in 45acp, I just LOVE my new XDm, it has performed flawlessly for me, is a comfortable carry over the weight/size of the 1911. I carry with the short 9 round mag, and also a spare 9 round mag, I use the extended mags when target practicing, I have the Pierce grip extensions as well. I have a firend who has a Kimber, it is also very nice to shoot and carry. Too many choices . . too many nice guns . . I actually shot both several times before deciding on the XDm. I just liked the feel in my hand of the XDm over the Kimber.

I have no complaints with my xd now never had a jam or any issue with any ammo.. I just haven't bought anything in a few years and I don't have a 45 right now.. I work as a armed guard.. so I would be open carry for that but would like conceal when off work.

If you're looking for change, try a S&W M&P 45c. Standard magazines hold 8 rounds, but you can also use the 10 round one from the full size model.
    I've found this to be easy to cc IWB.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I love my Glock 30!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Hello you have the xd right now. you could get the xd compact in 45 and have the same platform your used to. I just switched from the xdsc in 9mm to a smith and wesson m&p9c. Gave the xd to my son. The smith is about the same size as the xdsc but the lines of the gun just seem smaller to me.And smith has the m&p compact in 45 caliber. But as most will say shop around and see what you like and what fits your hand well.

Sponsored Links