Athletic cut shirts

This is a discussion on Athletic cut shirts within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I where a shirt that has a tighter fitting midsection the end of the handle pokes into the shirt. Not everyone would notice it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Athletic cut shirts

Athletic cut shirts

When I where a shirt that has a tighter fitting midsection the end of the handle pokes into the shirt. Not everyone would notice it but I'm sure quite a few would. Before I had my CHL I would just keep the gun in my desk drawer on those days, but now that I have the CHL I don't see the point in taking it off. If you can tell there is a gun under your shirt but you can't physically see it, is that still considered concealed? I'm also looking into an IWB holster to see if that helps.

2. Remove Ads

Concealed is concealed.... If you can see it then it's no longer concealed.
    You can alter the gun around the clothes or alter the clothes around the gun....
    Since you didn't state how or what you are carrying its hard to say how you need to adjust for better concealment.
    It is a "system".. The gun, clothing, belt, holster, and position and method of carry all work together to make or break your carry setup.

VIP Member
    A good quality IWB on a double layer, double-stitched gun belt, will lean the butt tight in toward your torso.

I'd also suggest bigger shirts, but I understand that the younger generation must be somewhat fashion sensitive.

Ahhh... It's good to be old, fat and not give a damn.

I wear a hoodie over my Under Armour shirts. Seriously, a hoodie.

Quote Originally Posted by NCMedic8617 View Post
    Concealed is concealed.... If you can see it then it's no longer concealed.
    Are you speaking legally or just general terms? Obviously I want my gun as hidden as possible, but what I'm getting at is whether it is illegal if the gun itself is not visible, but somewhat obvious to people in the know that it's there?

I don't wear this type of shirt all the time, but like you said its a system, so I'm trying to be prepared for the different styles of clothes I may where. Right now I carry an LCP in a Fobus OWB. I'm sure the OWB holster doesn't help this at all, which is why im gonna look for a IWB, especially since I plan to get a larger gun.

EDIT: I'm not talking about a spandex under armor workout shirt. I'm referring to a "dress" t-shirt that fits a little snugger. When you wear a 2XL, it's gets old wearing bagging T's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by TxRhino View Post
    Are you speaking legally or just general terms? Obviously I want my gun as hidden as possible, but what I'm getting at is whether it is illegal if the gun itself is not visible, but somewhat obvious to people in the know that it's there?

I don't wear this type of shirt all the time, but like you said its a system, so I'm trying to be prepared for the different styles of clothes I may where. Right now I carry an LCP in a Fobus OWB. I'm sure the OWB holster doesn't help this at all, which is why im gonna look for a IWB, especially since I plan to get a larger gun.

EDIT: I'm not talking about a spandex under armor workout shirt. I'm referring to a "dress" t-shirt that fits a little snugger. When you wear a 2XL, it's gets old wearing bagging T's all the time
    Check what your local laws are regarding the legality of if your concealed firearm "printing" is, some states require that it must be concealed completely, TX and FL come to mind but I can't say for certain.... The worry of "printing" all the time goes away after a while, If I bend over in the store to pick something up off the bottom shelf, most people don't notice when I print for a second.
    I think the biggest thing that is making you gun visible is probably the OWB holster, I'd look at pocket carry with a holster that breaks up the outline of the gun or a good tuckable IWB.

I believe you are from Texas, you did not state. Every state law is different. As mentioned above, if printing is illegal, then you would be in violation. Research the law in your state, and ask a local LEO how they interpret the law.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

yes, I am in texas. thanks guys. I will try calling my local gun shop where I took my class.

concealed mean concealed.......it does not mean the gun has to be invisible.

just about any gun carried with any degree of comfort is going to print to some degree...

if the gun is printing a little bit, ide say dont worry about it.........but if it is blatantly obvious that you are carrying a gun, youll need to change your dress.

Pocketholsters.com

My LCP works well with that.

I have a PX4 Storm Sub Compact & a Crossbreed Supertuck that prints just as you described on tighter shirts.
    I try to pick a little looser shirt, and then I just don't worry about it.

No printing law in Texas, it must not be visible to a casual observer. If it is covered people may get really curious and try to figure out or ask you what it is. read the following, save it to your computer, the important part is 46.035

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/Interne...rms/CHL-16.pdf
    Yoda, I am, yes.

The first page of your CHL manual has the definition of "concealed". It should have been covered in your class.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I wear tight tee shirts on the bike. So I bought this LH Pocket-Tuk from DeSantis to carry in my pocket.

Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    The first page of your CHL manual has the definition of "concealed". It should have been covered in your class.
    Nothing was covered about "printing" or even brought up. They covered brandishing and related topics quite a bit

Printing is an issue in some jurisdictions but not in Texas. That term really isn't used in the current legal terms for CHL in Texas.

They may not have used the term "printing" but concealment in your class. Just study the PDF linked above about all the rules. It is hard to absorb all the info in your class.

There are a few discussions on the forum regarding printing. You might be able to search for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links