training? who needs training?

This is a discussion on training? who needs training? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was surfing the tube and came across this--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s&feature=related Its about 10 minutes,but is good for all of us to reflect upon.I have always thought ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: training? who needs training?

training? who needs training?

I was surfing the tube and came across this--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s&feature=related
    Its about 10 minutes,but is good for all of us to reflect upon.I have always thought required training should be kicked up a notch for CPL qualification. I hope this link shows up here.
    Doug
    Five minutes before the prom is no time to learn how to dance.Semper Paratus

2. Remove Ads

Nothing needs to be required. Seatbelts, helmets, and gun licenses!

VIP Member
    If you genuinely believe this video is indicative of "training", I strongly urge you get some real training. The entire exercise was designed to ensure failure.
    sgb, Badey, First Sgt and 2 others like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    If you genuinely believe this video is indicative of "training", I strongly urge you get some real training. The entire exercise was designed to ensure failure.
    Absolutely, always stack the deck to insure the conclusion you want to prove.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Agree 100% you have a firearms instructor and a few individuals that have 30 minutes of training and the instructor knows exactly where his gun holder is...and ohh yeah how many tinmes did he practice drawing his weapon? once, twice, maybe three times..
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

The instructors probably did this piece in good faith emphasizing the need for training. ABC spins it... you'll die anyways so it's better to not fight and just comply. Nauseating IMO
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    The instructors probably did this piece in good faith emphasizing the need for training. ABC spins it... you'll die anyways so it's better to not fight and just comply. Nauseating IMO
    Shoving him into that torqued thumbreak holster, 5-sizes-too-large shirt and oversized gloves blew my faith in anyone's good faith.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Train, Train, and TRAIN some more...Punching holes in paper, regardless of the number of hours, is NOT training. I too am impressed with anyone who can shoot "quarter" spreads at 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 15 yards, BUT it is in NO WAY indicative of how they will perform under duress! This video makes me want to throw up. Active shooter, knows the scenario, knows WHO is armed, and focuses on them from the time they enter the door...Concealed carrier, none to little experience. Yea, THIS is a real demonstration of the need for training..NOT

Everyone that carries a weapon, from John Q Citizen, to the Police Officer on the Beat, to the Military Person in the Streets of Conflicts, should seek out and get true training and build upon it daily. It may not guarantee your survival, but it dang sure will increase your chances of survival. The rest will depend on YOU if and when the time comes!!!! JMO
    tacman605 likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Shoving him into that torqued thumbreak holster, 5-sizes-too-large shirt and oversized gloves blew my faith in anyone's good faith.
    You have a good point there Mike
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

VIP Member
    Yep what they said.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

So old, so slanted, so yesterday's birdcage liner.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Absolutely, always stack the deck to insure the conclusion you want to prove.
    This. well said

I've seen this stupid thing off and on when conceal and carry was still up for debate in my state. Is it really any surprise that the news media is biased against citizens being armed? If they weren't they would report fair statistics instead of skewed ones. Things like this or reporting the number of "children" killed by guns every year and including all gang members under 18 who killed each other is just liberal media SOP.

Anyone can say whatever they want. I know guns can SAVE lives. I had an incident a few years back where I came upon someone in my truck while open carrying in a rough neighborhood. She charged me with a pipe wrench I had sitting in my truck. The second she saw the gun on my hip it was like the hand of god halted her in her tracks she yelled oh (expletive) and ran the other direction. My gun never left my holster, and I'm positive it saved me from severe injury.

LOL. take it easy man. I posted this becaus eit mostly reminded me of the folks tha took my CPL class with me. @ of them have never shot before that day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links