Reommendations on a Shoulder Holster....

This is a discussion on Reommendations on a Shoulder Holster.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a Galco Classic Lite model for about $70. I only use it for specific applications so didn't need to have a molded ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reommendations on a Shoulder Holster....

I picked up a Galco Classic Lite model for about $70. I only use it for specific applications so didn't need to have a molded fancy holster. I also like that it has a single mag holder as opposed to the double on the higher-end models. Otherwise the rest of it is the same as the classic- straps and swivel parts.

It works very well and holds the gun extremely tight- there is zero chance of it coming out without a strong deliberate pull. And it has the same snap closure.

For best concealment it needs to be worn very high under the arm, almost to the pit. But even then it's not the most concealable with just a shirt. Jackets and the like would be best.

2. Remove Ads

I run a Galco when I ride my motorcycle (Full-sezed 1911).

A shoulder rig is a specialty rig, and in my eyes, is a sort of last-option rig.

It's a slow draw, and I don't like the muzzle sweep implications of the carry position and draw. That said, it is the only way I can carry on my bike without my girlfriend complaining about comfort. If you're gonna have on a bowling shirt, you can definitely get away with a belt holster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links