I have become a preacher at work....

This is a discussion on I have become a preacher at work.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is what I'm preaching.... FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership Book | Orlando Criminal Defense Lawyer Jon H. Gutmacher I'm new to this stuff ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: I have become a preacher at work....

This is what I'm preaching....

FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership Book | Orlando Criminal Defense Lawyer Jon H. Gutmacher

I'm new to this stuff and working hard to learn it. I'm running into so many archaic ideas and myths about the laws if Florida, I hope I'm helping people relearn!

You have my best wishes on the ordeal. Not many willing to take the time and effort. Stepping up and taking the challenge puts you into an elite group. A very small group. Keep that candle burning! Everyone seeks knowledge. This week a preacher, next week a minister. Pretty soon, you'll have your own church and congregation. You're doing well. Keep up the good work.
    Best I can bestow on you at this time is this................and I don't bestow this often.

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    This is what I'm preaching....

FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership Book | Orlando Criminal Defense Lawyer Jon H. Gutmacher

I'm new to this stuff and working hard to learn it. I'm running into so many archaic ideas and myths about the laws if Florida, I hope I'm helping people relearn!
    anyone who carries or even owns a SD firearm in FL should know this book inside and out
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

You'll find that as time, and preaching, goes on, it won't be the 'groups' that'll be seeking out more info....... it'll be the individuals, that one person that wants to know this or that...... wants to take the 'next step' but dosn't want to say so in front of 'the group'. Be it shame, fear of ridicule, or shyness about their naivety, one by one they'll seek out your counsel 'off-line'....... and that's where the 'tourch' is passed.

Respect and celebrate it, quietly. Nurture and be understanding and that'll turn into others asking the questions. Be patient and stay the course.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You have my best wishes on the ordeal. Not many willing to take the time and effort. Stepping up and taking the challenge puts you into an elite group. A very small group. Keep that candle burning! Everyone seeks knowledge. This week a preacher, next week a minister. Pretty soon, you'll have your own church and congregation. You're doing well. Keep up the good work.
    Best I can bestow on you at this time is this................and I don't bestow this often.

Wow...thank you Ram Rod!

Preach it! Seriously though, good job.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

espect and celebrate it, quietly. Nurture and be understanding and that'll turn into others asking the questions. Be patient and stay the course.

Hark and beholdeth the word of John the Gunsmith,on the 6th day he invented hollow points and the flock rejoiced verily
    goldshellback likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Amen Brother!

Sponsored Links