Bill O'Reilly calls Stand Your Ground Law "quirky"

This is a discussion on Bill O'Reilly calls Stand Your Ground Law "quirky" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The problem is a lot of people think that it’s there just to give you the right to shoot someone; yes and no. what it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bill O'Reilly calls Stand Your Ground Law "quirky"

The problem is a lot of people think that it’s there just to give you the right to shoot someone; yes and no. what it does is keeps the shooter from being charged with murder and copping to a lesser plea of manslaughter because that’s what happens quite often. The homeowner gets charged and spends all his money and loses everything because they had to shoot

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It's really disheartening when you think about it. These idiots make the kind of money they do, just to get in front of a camera and show how stupid they are.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    It's really disheartening when you think about it. These idiots make the kind of money they do, just to get in front of a camera and show how stupid they are.
    I have to politely disagree with you. They are not stupid. They are smart and know how to manipulate the news for shock value and spin it which ever way will keep he audiences coming.

VIP Member
    No fan of O'R., but in his defense, the law does appear quirky from his perspective as a native of New York.

Peoples opinions depend a lot on where they live and the culture where they live.

Many of the suburbs of NYC may be extremely "conservative," in the political sense, but that does not
    mean the residents are going to be pro-gun owner rights. The same goes for folks in NJ.

The most common mistake made by participants here is to assume that personal views on gun owner rights
    are monolithic by party preference or across a red-blue spectrum. It is simply not the case.

O'R being a really good example that makes my point. To him, given where he is from, where he lives, how he lives,
    the laws of the state where he lives, the laws of the states that surround where he lives, the FL law appears quirky.
    SWIll likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I have to politely disagree with you. They are not stupid. They are smart and know how to manipulate the news for shock value and spin it which ever way will keep he audiences coming.
    Can we say "Propagandist"? Defined: Someone who makes 7 digits spreading Propaganda! He scares me when he states Mike Wallace was the reason he became a "News" commentator!

I knew I shouldn't have read General Giap's book on Viet Nam War, aka how Mike Wallace and Walter Cronkite assisted McNamara in defeating the US Miltary! Or the Federist Papers! etc. I should just stop reading and listen to the Propagndist!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Never liked that D-Bag O'Reilly. He's never been conservative enough for me.

The next title of his book...."Quirky, like me!"
    He can throw the B.S. Flag, but....I wonder sometimes.
    Spends WAYYY too much time on liberal news channels.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    Quirky? What is quirky about being able to defend yourself or loved ones? How do you feel about the perception being given by pun dents regarding gun laws in ccw states since the Martin case?
    BOR is often mistaken, while he is to the right of most of the media like all of this in the media he is prone to not having a clue about many of the things he is talking about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links