Defensive Carry banner

Bill O'Reilly calls Stand Your Ground Law "quirky"

2K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  apvbguy 
#1 ·
Quirky? What is quirky about being able to defend yourself or loved ones? How do you feel about the perception being given by pun dents regarding gun laws in ccw states since the Martin case?

#2 ·
The same way I felt about politicians before the Martin case. Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often for the same reason. As far as O'rielly is concerned, He makes his living catering to the liberal left. I could care less what anyone has to say as, I can evaluate facts for myself. I don't need a celebrity or news figure to tell me how to think. Unfortunately, I can't say that about many people in this country.

#15 ·
I agree, he is sometimes "quirky" and always, his opinion rules. He lives in a bubble and has forgotten what we little people have to endure on the streets. I generally like his take on things, but sometimes wonder.." what the ??"

#7 ·
Talking heads usually speak about things they don't really know about. They just speak to fill the vacuum, with thoughts that come from another vacuum.

Reactions: gigamortis
#10 ·
This is the same guy that has 7 full time armed bodyguards,and 2 in the studio when filming,so whats quirky?

#11 ·
O'reilly showed his true colors years ago...just a lot of hot air and bluster...who cares what he says?

#14 ·
And this is news. O'Reilly said something stupid? LOL. He so far off base with facts on his show it cracks me up. I watch MSNBC and FOX more for entertainment value than anything newsworthy. I swear, if it didn't say FOX or MSNBC at the bottom I would think it was an SNL skit.

Reactions: rammerjammer
#16 ·
The problem is a lot of people think that it’s there just to give you the right to shoot someone; yes and no. what it does is keeps the shooter from being charged with murder and copping to a lesser plea of manslaughter because that’s what happens quite often. The homeowner gets charged and spends all his money and loses everything because they had to shoot

#17 ·
It's really disheartening when you think about it. These idiots make the kind of money they do, just to get in front of a camera and show how stupid they are.

#18 ·
I have to politely disagree with you. They are not stupid. They are smart and know how to manipulate the news for shock value and spin it which ever way will keep he audiences coming.

#19 ·
No fan of O'R., but in his defense, the law does appear quirky from his perspective as a native of New York.

Peoples opinions depend a lot on where they live and the culture where they live.

Many of the suburbs of NYC may be extremely "conservative," in the political sense, but that does not
mean the residents are going to be pro-gun owner rights. The same goes for folks in NJ.

The most common mistake made by participants here is to assume that personal views on gun owner rights
are monolithic by party preference or across a red-blue spectrum. It is simply not the case.

O'R being a really good example that makes my point. To him, given where he is from, where he lives, how he lives,
the laws of the state where he lives, the laws of the states that surround where he lives, the FL law appears quirky.

Reactions: SWIll
#23 ·
BOR is often mistaken, while he is to the right of most of the media like all of this in the media he is prone to not having a clue about many of the things he is talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.