Printing question???

This is a discussion on Printing question??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In Wisconsin where open carry and conceal carry are both legal, do you need to worry about your gun printing even though it is covered ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Printing question???

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar

Printing question???

In Wisconsin where open carry and conceal carry are both legal, do you need to worry about your gun printing even though it is covered by clothing?

Also needing a new CC holster for my M&P9 if anyone knows a good one send me a message.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Check out what Comp-Tac has to offer for a IWB holster . Good stuff . Printing, Yea I try to pay attention and not print. But to another CC person you may get picked out. It does depend on what you carry where on your body you carry and how you dress . I have seen a few that carry apparently a full size pistol on the back side, 4:30 ish. And when they move right wearing a loose pollo type shirt, bend over a bit to grab something and the shirt gets hung on the grip and prints it. hard to allways hide 100%. I carry a cw9 kahr at a 2:15 position or cm9 in the pocket. The IWB is not visible , the pocket is if you know what to look for. Do I care if I print a bit , not really. Do the best you can , learn , change position, even change pistols over time till you get it right.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I don't worry about printing or open carry. Most people are oblivious looking at their smartphone.
    OldVet, BurgerBoy and smolck like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

No matter how lenient the laws are in your location pertaining to concealed or open carry, I say at least do your best when it comes to concealing. After all, if you can't conceal well, you may as well open carry. Printing is like doing a lousy job at work. The hap-hazard attitude is part of what's wrong with this country and our kids today. If I was a law enforcement officer and saw someone printing while (attempting) to carry concealed....I'd go out of my way to hassle them. Pull them aside, ask for ID, CC permit, etc....... Might also give them a sobriety test just to get another ten minutes or so out of their busy day. That's just me, and it's only my opinion. None of you should take it personal. But you just might give it some thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    No matter how lenient the laws are in your location pertaining to concealed or open carry, I say at least do your best when it comes to concealing. After all, if you can't conceal well, you may as well open carry. Printing is like doing a lousy job at work. The hap-hazard attitude is part of what's wrong with this country and our kids today. If I was a law enforcement officer and saw someone printing while (attempting) to carry concealed....I'd go out of my way to hassle them. Pull them aside, ask for ID, CC permit, etc....... Might also give them a sobriety test just to get another ten minutes or so out of their busy day. That's just me, and it's only my opinion. None of you should take it personal. But you just might give it some thought.
    Wow!
    Yankeejib and arizona like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Open carry is legal in some states are you saying police should harass people that print or OC?
    arizona likes this.

double WOW.... and then the fight started

VIP Member
    But you aren't an LEO, right?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Wow!
    I'll second that!

Now my curiosity is up. In WI, we have open and concealed carry, so maybe there are states that only have concealed carry? If so, does it say, somewhere in your state statutes, that you MUST conceal for concealed carry vs MAY conceal? In WI, I do not see where it says you MUST conceal if you are carrying "concealed", but maybe that is because we also do have open carry. I'm curious on the actual wording from states that permit concealed and do NOT allow open carry.

So, in WI, if I'm carrying concealed in a restaurant, and as I gorge myself and the gun in the IWB holster starts poking me in the ribs, can I just take it out and lay it on the table next to the ketchup bottle?

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    I'll second that!

Now my curiosity is up. In WI, we have open and concealed carry, so maybe there are states that only have concealed carry? If so, does it say, somewhere in your state statutes, that you MUST conceal for concealed carry vs MAY conceal? In WI, I do not see where it says you MUST conceal if you are carrying "concealed", but maybe that is because we also do have open carry. I'm curious on the actual wording from states that permit concealed and do NOT allow open carry.

So, in WI, if I'm carrying concealed in a restaurant, and as I gorge myself and the gun in the IWB holster starts poking me in the ribs, can I just take it out and lay it on the table next to the ketchup bottle?

Ace
    I believe LEOs would consider that brandishing a weapon.

I'm in MN where the permit is to carry a weapon (open or concealed). I consider myself to be very good at concealing my firearms, but the only time I pay extra attention is when I feel the need to truly conceal my guns, which may depend on places that I want to go to or the people there. If I'm just exposed to the general public, I don't give it a thought and go about my business.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I believe that printing is not an issue where OC is legal.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

why I think it's a bad idea to open carry

I think those of you who are critical of Ram Rod may have missed the point of what he was saying. I may be incorrect, but my interpretation of what he meant was "If you are going to conceal carry, do a good job of it. Don't do it half way! Take the time to do it correctly. Don't do it haphazardly." I may be wrong, but that is how I took what he was saying, and I agree with him completely. Take pride in what you do and do a good job of it. I have always taken the attitude that if you are going to do something, do it right or don't do it at all! Just my .02.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    why I think it's a bad idea to open carry
    That is one of two known cases where this has happened. I have already cited one case in another thread where an open carrier intervened in a store shooting. I can cite dozens of cases where open carry was a deterrent to crime. Each person carries as he or she feels is the best after exploring the pros and cons of each method of carry.
    Last edited by Badey; April 14th, 2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: nevermind
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links