For the Okies

This is a discussion on For the Okies within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious if anyone has kept track, but how long was it after OSBI cashed your payment before you got your license? I'm at 48 ...

Thread: For the Okies

For the Okies

Just curious if anyone has kept track, but how long was it after OSBI cashed your payment before you got your license? I'm at 48 days after my payment cleared and just wondering if they'll take the full 90 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by flydoc View Post
    Just curious if anyone has kept track, but how long was it after OSBI cashed your payment before you got your license? I'm at 48 days after my payment cleared and just wondering if they'll take the full 90 days.

I've heard it's now taking at least 3 1/2 months from the time you submit everything until you get your license!!!! Supposedly the applications have started coming in at an unprecedented rate and they can't keep up with all of them!!!
    Pistols: Glock 21SF, Glock 30SF, Colt 1911 GCT (all .45ACP),
    Revolvers: Ruger SP 101 (.357MAG/.38SP), Judge (.410G/.45LC)

Long guns: Daniel Defense AR-15's (M4V4 and M4V5), Mossberg Shotguns (400 and 500, both 12G), Ruger (.22;LR)

My permit took 62 days from the day I turned it in to the county sheriff's office. My payment was processed by OSBI 14 days later. So, for me, it was 48 days after payment was processed.

I think you should be getting the call from your sheriff's dept. to come pick up your permit about any time now. BTW, I had my permit almost a month when I received a letter from OSBI stating that my permit had been prepared and could be picked up. I was very thankful the sheriff's office had called!

My permit application was made in Jan. of this year, so this time frame is current. When I picked up my permit, the sheriff's deputy told me they were trying to get the time frame down to about 6 weeks at OSBI but that applications were coming in at a very rapid rate.

Stancehold thanks. I called the sheriff today and was told to wait for my letter from OSBI. Hopefully it won't be much longer and either they'll call or I'll get the letter.

Stancehold thanks. I called the sheriff today and was told to wait for my letter from OSBI. Hopefully it won't be much longer and either they'll call or I'll get the letter.

Wow ... I'd be tempted to keep calling the Sheriff's office. My OSBI letter arrived almost a month after I got the call from our Sheriff's office to come and pick it up. I hope OSBI is much more prompt with your letter. Good Luck and I hope you get your notice quickly.

I am waiting as well. Only on day 40 though. Hopefully not too much longer.

It shouldn't take 3 1/2 months. By law, I believe they have to get it to you within 90 days, even if they haven't finished their investigation on you. If they find something after it's issued, they can take it away then. Mine took the full 90 days though.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Mine also took the full 90 days, but that was about 8 years ago.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

my wife's took 60 days. I just did a change of address and it took 2 weeks.

Well I still don't have a letter from OSBI but I called the sheriffs office last Thursday and picked up my license! 64 days.

Well I still don't have a letter from OSBI but I called the sheriffs office last Thursday and picked up my license! 64 days.

Awesome, Flydoc!!! Congratulations!

By the way, did they turn you into a horse face on your permit?

I purchased an SR9c last week at H & H Gun Range in OKC. The gentleman that waited on me cracked up laughing when I handed him my Driver's License and my CCP. He said he would never have believed them to be the same person and that someone must have really been ticked off to make me look so "squished" on my permit. He said it looked like someone had sat on my head sideways! I couldn't help but laugh with him. It truly is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by stancehold View Post
    Awesome, Flydoc!!! Congratulations!

By the way, did they turn you into a horse face on your permit?
    No horse face. They used the pic I took at my ccw course. But I was expecting to look like Mr. Ed.

No horse face. They used the pic I took at my ccw course. But I was expecting to look like Mr. Ed.

Well, I'm happy for you ... although now I'm feeling a bit rained on.

Links