Found a new use for my laser sights

This is a discussion on Found a new use for my laser sights within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night around dusk I was walking my dog. I live in a rural area and we have had some coyote issues this year, IE ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Found a new use for my laser sights

Found a new use for my laser sights

Last night around dusk I was walking my dog. I live in a rural area and we have had some coyote issues this year, IE dog attacks. As we turned the corner the dog became alert and growled a little very softly. Then 3 coyotes came a few steps out of the woods about 40 yards away. We stopped and I hollered at them, one stepped forward which shocked me since they always ran away in the past. Just for reference I am 6'5" 275 and my dog is an 85 pound Bernese Mountain Dog so we are not what I would have thought they would classify as an easy target. I pulled out my little Bodyguard thinking about firing it into the ground to scare them off. Then I turned on the laser and moved it across the lead coyote until I was able to hit him in the eye with it. He yelped but stayed put so I did it again. This time I must have gotten him good because he let out a loud cry and rolled his head on the ground then got up and ran like heck into the woods. The other two seemed surprised but ran away with him. I turned off the laser and re-holstered and continued our walk. But now there might be one coyote with a bad eye in the area and I didn't have to waste a perfectly good Gold Dot.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Nice :D
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Laser light probably hurt his eyes. I figured you were annoying the cat again
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    Laser light probably hurt his eyes. I figured you were annoying the cat again
    That was my thought- cat toy.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    I figured you were annoying the cat again
    That's what I was expecting...........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    SIDE NOTE: When playing with the laser and a cat be sure gun is unloaded. I hated that cat but my ex girlfriend who owned it really liked the stupid cat.

Well, I have a bodyguard, and I would have never considered using the laser that way. Good job!
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Oh no...don't let PETA catch wind of this! They'll have you charged with cruelty, and force you to buy the coyote a "seeing eye dog".

Actually, I think I saw him...is this him?
    eye patch.jpg
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    SIDE NOTE: When playing with the laser and a cat be sure gun is unloaded. I hated that cat but my ex girlfriend who owned it really liked the stupid cat.
    Best use for the cat: Take it with you on the next walk. When approached by the yotes toss cat at them and run the other way! Free meal boys. Have at it.
    Rock and Glock and oldnfat like this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Oh no...don't let PETA catch wind of this! They'll have you charged with cruelty, and force you to buy the coyote a "seeing eye dog".

Actually, I think I saw him...is this him?
    eye patch.jpg
    THAT'S HIM...and by PETA I assume you are not referring to the group People Eating Tasty Animals...
    Stubborn likes this.

VIP Member
    One coyote for one Gold Dot? Sounds like money well spent to me.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

gov rick perry shot and killed a coyote a couple of years back with a LCP w/CTL on it while jogging

Had he been closer or offered a broadside shot I might have taken it. Usually I don't look to shoot even coyotes but these seemed overly aggressive and not afraid of humans. Like I said 40ish yards at dusk with a Bodyguard .380 would have been a tough shot. I have not practiced at that range with this gun as I don't expect to engage a self defense target that far away so I have no idea the POI vs POA. Guess I need to try it next time I am at the 50 yard range.

Stubborn beat me to it. I was just getting ready to call PETA...

OP you're not a typical right-wing extremist are you? How can I tell? DHS says you would've unloaded that high capacity pistol clip on those coyotes then reloaded with your heat-seekers, switched to full-auto and executed the immigrants they were leading to a better life.

It seems you found a less than lethal solution, we'll just call you Mother Theresa Doubledown.

Badey and oneshot like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    I don't think I want to hear the rest of the story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links