I felt like I was missing something today

This is a discussion on I felt like I was missing something today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Friday after work through yesterday I had been carrying my P250, something I had not been doing daily (I will note I have never been ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By justherenow
  • 2 Post By oneshot
  • 2 Post By justherenow
  • 1 Post By Fausty
  • 1 Post By Buckj

Thread: I felt like I was missing something today

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

I felt like I was missing something today

Friday after work through yesterday I had been carrying my P250, something I had not been doing daily (I will note I have never been a daily carrier due to my workplace rules and being there most of my day). Well, today was my first day back on shift and could not carry and I actually felt like I was missing something. Its an odd feeling. Other than work place, I plan on being a daily carrier more now than ever, it just feels right.
    Buckj likes this.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good for you!

The old saying goes,
    You will NOT pick the time;

But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into.

My brother was not very vigilant about carrying when we both were certified(same time), but I was.

Now, he is more often than not, 95% of the time armed.

The knuckledraggers and street urchins will decide the When, how, where, why, Its up to you to be prepared and have the mindset to prevail.
    If not, you will become another crime statistic.

Again, good for you!!!
    oldnfat and Bark'n like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Funny you wrote about the house and theif in the night. I find that iv been sleeping with my firearm on the night stand next to me at night and not even in the drawer.

As I tell those that know me and ask why I carry, I say "I may not pick the time, the place or the location of the attack, but I am prepared to end the attack in whatever manner possible".
    Bark'n and oneshot like this.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

i can't carry in work. my gun stays in my safe locked in my car in the parking lot. never know if you would get mugged at the gas station on the way or from work. or carjacked. invest in a car safe.
    oneshot likes this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Since i can carry on my job (self employed) I carry all the time when legal...when i go visit someone in a posted hospital (in Texas 3006 sign) i feel naked...i had a buddy who recently stuck his pickup on a backroad...no cell service so he started walking hoping to be able to call his wife to come get him...he finally got cell service as he walked by a house...a female came out of the house asking what was going on ...he explained the situation and said his wife was on the phone and would come get him....2 days later this same female attacked a man coming to this house...she stabbed him in the neck ....long story short she was staying at this house without owners consent...she is quite looney...so you never know...btw my buddy was CCing
    Bark'n likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    i can't carry in work. my gun stays in my safe locked in my car in the parking lot. never know if you would get mugged at the gas station on the way or from work. or carjacked. invest in a car safe.
    So I assume you take it out of the safe while in the vehicle? If not its gonna be useless in the safe. I just store mine in the safe until I return to the vehicle, and have a holster mounted to my dash. None of that is as good as on your hip, though. If something happens at a gas station, and you're already outside the vehicle-youre probably screwed as far as getting back to your weapon.

OP- I feel the same way if I'm not carrying now. I feel like I lost my wallet or something. I just feel uncomfortable.

Links