Arizona non-resident permit

This is a discussion on Arizona non-resident permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DAO.Diva I took 3 NRA classes. Basic pistol. Personal Protection in the Home. Personal Protection Outside the Home. I don't think all ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Arizona non-resident permit

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAO.Diva View Post
    I took 3 NRA classes. Basic pistol. Personal Protection in the Home. Personal Protection Outside the Home. I don't think all 3 are necessary but I took them last year when I first started out and thought AZ would like that. They did!
    Congrats! Also, you can never get enough good training and re-fresh-ing training! I say that after 26 years as USMC combat arms MOS. When the hammer drops, you will fight like you have been trained. No time to think at that point.

Again, congrats!
    Firearm.Fan.Girl likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 74 View Post
    Interesting to hear of the increased backlog. As mentioned upthread, when I got mine in September 2010 I had it back 9 days after sending it, and that included a holiday off-day.

Mark, I hate to say this but I would start planning for NM to drop AZ soon. I think it is only a matter of time.

Illinois and New Mexico (how appropriate, the name on the latter) are two states that I do not spend money in or send business to.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    Illinois and New Mexico (how appropriate, the name on the latter) are two states that I do not spend money in or send business to.
    What do you have against NM? IL I can understand. NM has good gun laws in general, although I strongly disagree with what the DPS is doing as far as dropping other states' licenses. I think that stinks and is severely negative for many reasons.

A general disparagement of the name? Come on now...

What do you have against NM? IL I can understand. NM has good gun laws in general, although I strongly disagree with what the DPS is doing as far as dropping other states' licenses. I think that stinks and is severely negative for many reasons.

A general disparagement of the name? Come on now...
    LOL not the name, the way the state would go, at the drop of a hat, concerning firearms and 2A rights, if it were not for patriots like you to keep em honest!

Quote Originally Posted by DAO.Diva View Post
    Hi CCW... Welcome to the forum from VA!

Have faith! I mailed my AZ non-resident app out on March 2nd. I just received it in the mail today!!!!!
    (Can I dance like that or is there a girl version?!)
    Lucky you, I mailed mine out Feb 20 and I'm stilllllll waiting.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    That change on the AZ page will show up Monday evening. Thank you for pointing out my screw up of not removing that one part when I updated the AZ page with the new training requirements. Just missed removing that part.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Mark, I hate to say this but I would start planning for NM to drop AZ soon. I think it is only a matter of time.
    Yeah, hard to say; as of today the NM page says they have a written acknowledgement with AZ, and it is no longer listed as one of the states they are examining as the page seemed to say some time back.

Reciprocity Agreements | New Mexico Department of Public Safety

But no guarantee. The next plan of course would be to run over to Amarillo. Yes, of course planning ahead. At some point will be a NM resident and not an issue, but it is a bit of a mess for many. Meanwhile, NM is a gold star open carry state, with extended castle doctrine including one's vehicle...

The wording of the reciprocity law is an issue, but there are sensible citizens in NM, hopefully they will find a way not to lose the business of many people from most of the states in the union? It's not DC, where sensible solutions interest no one ... sorry...
    Last edited by Mark IL NM; April 21st, 2012 at 10:38 PM.

IDK what's with people responding that there's no such thing as an AZ non-resident, but anyway:

I mailed my app on 29 Feb and got my card in yesterday's mail.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    AZ only issues one Permit/License. Your address is not on the Permit/License. That is why Ohio AG told me if you have an AZ Permit/License you have to have an AZ Drivers License or AZ State Issued ID. There is no way by just looking at the Permit/License where you are a resident. FL is doing the same thing.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links