Recent LEO encounter - Page 2

Recent LEO encounter

This is a discussion on Recent LEO encounter within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have encountered the same level of carelessness from an LEO. Back in Virginia our neighbors called the police on us because they figured I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Recent LEO encounter

I have encountered the same level of carelessness from an LEO.

Back in Virginia our neighbors called the police on us because they figured I was beating her, in fact we were having love makin' time to ourselves. Which ended up called the police about numerous times during our stay in those apartments, even when we were trying to be quiet. This being the first time the police had been called on us I was not expecting it. I grabbed my Glock 31 and made way to the door, after checking the peep hole I noticed it was none other than the Richmond Police Department (none of the guys I knew either, and I knew most of them in that precinct) so I put it down on a side table and opened the door. They said they heard a disturbance and asked to come in, I consented just to prove all was well. Immediately I said "Officer, I placed my gun right there." One of the officers stayed with me unloading the gun and conversing with me about what had happened. Before the second officer made his way to my bedroom the other officer asked me if there were more guns and I said "Yes, in the top drawer of the night stand" he made his way into the bedroom where my gf had gotten dressed to talk to her, according to her all he did was ask her "Are there guns in there?" to which she replied "Yes.". He spoke to her for a few minutes and from what I could hear he was trying to ask if I beat her and telling her that it didn't have to keep going and blah blah blah. I also began to her that angry tone my girlfriend gets when you ask her a question too many times. Finally he leaves, no guns in hand, never asking her to exit the room so he can unload them, nothing. I was shocked and even asked him "Where are the guns?" The second officer looked shocked and seemingly grilled the other officer on the way out. I could understand if the other officer was in training but that was not the case. It was poor thinking.
    paramedic70002 likes this.

Your wife was being honest and upfront with the information. She told the officer even before the officer even thought to ask about the possibility of weapons.Criminals lie cheat and conceal their evil intentions. They dont confess they have a legally carried firearm. The last thing they want is confrontation or being discovered.Your wife is honest and the officer percieved correctly that she is just regular honest citizen. Cheers to your wife for handling the situation properly.

The LEO didn't come 'unglued'...he didn't take the firearm, unload and disassemble it and then put it in the trunk...I'd say that there was no problem.
    Sounds like a fair encounter to me!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer_Heaven View Post
    I have encountered the same level of carelessness from an LEO.

Back in Virginia our neighbors called the police on us because they figured I was beating her, in fact we were having love makin' time to ourselves. Which ended up called the police about numerous times during our stay in those apartments, even when we were trying to be quiet. This being the first time the police had been called on us I was not expecting it. I grabbed my Glock 31 and made way to the door, after checking the peep hole I noticed it was none other than the Richmond Police Department (none of the guys I knew either, and I knew most of them in that precinct) so I put it down on a side table and opened the door. They said they heard a disturbance and asked to come in, I consented just to prove all was well. Immediately I said "Officer, I placed my gun right there." One of the officers stayed with me unloading the gun and conversing with me about what had happened. Before the second officer made his way to my bedroom the other officer asked me if there were more guns and I said "Yes, in the top drawer of the night stand" he made his way into the bedroom where my gf had gotten dressed to talk to her, according to her all he did was ask her "Are there guns in there?" to which she replied "Yes.". He spoke to her for a few minutes and from what I could hear he was trying to ask if I beat her and telling her that it didn't have to keep going and blah blah blah. I also began to her that angry tone my girlfriend gets when you ask her a question too many times. Finally he leaves, no guns in hand, never asking her to exit the room so he can unload them, nothing. I was shocked and even asked him "Where are the guns?" The second officer looked shocked and seemingly grilled the other officer on the way out. I could understand if the other officer was in training but that was not the case. It was poor thinking.
    Are you Ron White? "I make a racket in the sack!"
    Outer_Heaven likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The LEO gave you the ocular lie detector test and you passed.

And I hate to hear people say LEOs should go home safely at the end of their shift, therefore they will take/unload your gun. Who DOESN'T deserve to go home safely at the end of their shift? Who else takes you gun during a customer interaction? Unless something weird is going on, car crash victims are NOT criminals.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    LEO are people too, and people are creatures of habit. (Good or Bad). This incident could have just been something he's done many times before and out of habit made a mistake.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I was pulled over on 75 in Cincinnati for speeding. I also informed the officer immediately, he was completely uninterested.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I've thought a little more about this, and it finally hit me why I was bothered by the whole thing. I was nervous that the LEO would suddenly realize that my wife was rooting around in her car where a firearm was present and then he would draw down on her.

Ultimately, I was the one that was uncomfortable in the situation.

Please dont read too much into this, I'm not whining or complaining that somehow I was treated unfairly, I'm simply exploring the feelings I had during my first (semi) armed encounter with an LEO

Seems okay to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links