Advice on concealing a weapon with certain pants...

This is a discussion on Advice on concealing a weapon with certain pants... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Most women now a days like to wear the low rise jeans, what would be the best type of holster to wear with jeans like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Advice on concealing a weapon with certain pants...

Advice on concealing a weapon with certain pants...

Most women now a days like to wear the low rise jeans, what would be the best type of holster to wear with jeans like that??? If you are carrying a sig238? We have been trying to find something that is comfortable for me because I do have a small waist and also due to what I wear...
    "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear"
    " The Lord is my Light and my salvation

2. Remove Ads

Check with limatunes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a YouTube video by FaliaPhotography

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Bark'n. Thought you were a guy.

Nope, not Lima. It's FaliaPhotography.

I guess I should have labeled it. I just posted quick and moved on.

I'll fix it and include a link to her YouTube channel.
    tacmansgirl likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tacmansgirl View Post
    Most women now a days like to wear the low rise jeans, what would be the best type of holster to wear with jeans like that??? If you are carrying a sig238? We have been trying to find something that is comfortable for me because I do have a small waist and also due to what I wear...
    I have yet to find a good CC holster for my P238. I use the Sig Sauer Clip on OWB and Sig Sauer extended mag. When I want to CC I just un-tuck my shirt in the small area.doesn't print with loose shirts.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Great video, she does a great job showcasing the different options.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Hi tacmansgirl and welcome to the forum from VA!

I wear only low rise jeans, too, most of the time. My carry conceal holster for IWB @ 3:30 is Crossbreed Tuck. 3 guns, 3 Crossbreeds. For OWB, I prefer the Blackhawk Serpa w/ the lock-in. Blackhawk Serpa is made only for a limited number of guns. I can pretty much conceal, summer and winter, with these holster combos but I do need to put the 1911 to HD duty in the summer!
    Each of my guns has a dedicated Crossbread IWB and Blackhawk, if available, OWB holster. I change to a different gun combo, depending on cover garment or season. But, I'm always carrying the largest caliber gun I can.

I also have a few Stoner Leather Holsters when I want to "dress up" but they work with low rise jean also. This covers just about any garment situation I would be in except extreme dressy, dress-up. Then, it's purse (Ugh, last, last and I mean last resort). I am looking at thigh holsters for that. Oh, and I also have a fanny pack I use on very few occaisions.

Never mind a holster drawer, we gals need holster closets!
    tacmansgirl, SIGguy229 and SWIll like this.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

VIP Member
    If you haven't, yet. you might want to check out Cornered Cat

A number of women that I know have found the site quite helpful.

Or Cornered Cat | Facebook

Or contact Kathy Jackson at: pax@corneredcat.com

Good luck
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DAO.Diva View Post
    Hi tacmansgirl and welcome to the forum from VA!

I wear only low rise jeans, too, most of the time. My carry conceal holster for IWB @ 3:30 is Crossbreed Tuck. 3 guns, 3 Crossbreeds. For OWB, I prefer the Blackhawk Serpa w/ the lock-in. Blackhawk Serpa is made only for a limited number of guns. I can pretty much conceal, summer and winter, with these holster combos but I do need to put the 1911 to HD duty in the summer!
    Each of my guns has a dedicated Crossbread IWB and Blackhawk, if available, OWB holster. I change to a different gun combo, depending on cover garment or season. But, I'm always carrying the largest caliber gun I can.

I also have a few Stoner Leather Holsters when I want to "dress up" but they work with low rise jean also. This covers just about any garment situation I would be in except extreme dressy, dress-up. Then, it's purse (Ugh, last, last and I mean last resort). I am looking at thigh holsters for that. Oh, and I also have a fanny pack I use on very few occaisions.

Thanks so much ladies!!! That is so much help!! i would really love to have a thigh holster too for some occasions!! I'm not sure about the shoulder strap yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Here's a YouTube video by FaliaPhotography

Thank you Barkn!! This was helpful!! Learned a few new tricks!!
    Bark'n likes this.

VIP Member

DAO don't tell her that, she has a walk in already and part of mine.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacmansgirl View Post
    That's very good that you have considered carrying at least a .380acp and in a well made firearm. Although it costs money, I pretty much think that everyone that has a CCW should have at least two handguns. One for normal carry in a decent caliber and another for deep concealment use in lower risk situations (and possibly for backup gun use) but of a compromise caliber. One of my deep concealment and BUG guns is a Seecamp LWS but in .32acp. Something like that would be easier to conceal but you do give up stopping power. Here is a chart of highly concealable (pocket guns) to compare sizes and weights of guns. Your Sig P238 is on it. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B22w...hl=en_US&pli=1

Quote Originally Posted by jasgo View Post
    That's very good that you have considered carrying at least a .380acp and in a well made firearm. Although it costs money, I pretty much think that everyone that has a CCW should have at least two handguns. One for normal carry in a decent caliber and another for deep concealment use in lower risk situations (and possibly for backup gun use) but of a compromise caliber. One of my deep concealment and BUG guns is a Seecamp LWS but in .32acp. Something like that would be easier to conceal but you do give up stopping power. Here is a chart of highly concealable (pocket guns) to compare sizes and weights of guns. Your Sig P238 is on it. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B22w...hl=en_US&pli=1

Thanks!! We have a wide variety to choose from if I need to but I am very happy with my P238... I also love my Kimber and Glock, but for now not that comfortable with carrying them on my person.. He is trying to help me with that... I like the fact that I can get other hins and advice tho..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links