Can i still get into trouble or fired for this?

This is a discussion on Can i still get into trouble or fired for this? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry to work, but not so sure about leaving the whole gun in the car, so i'm thinking about just taking the bottom half ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Can i still get into trouble or fired for this?

Can i still get into trouble or fired for this?

I carry to work, but not so sure about leaving the whole gun in the car, so i'm thinking about just taking the bottom half and leaving the slide+barrel + mag inside my car. yay? nay?

2. Remove Ads

If you are allowed to carry at work, just do so. If not, I would recommend getting a gun safe for your car. They make small ones that you can put in your glove box, or secure under your seat (with cable and a lock).
    Spirit51 and BenGoodLuck like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

I don't see how this could be a problem for your employer, but I am interested to see what other people with more experience in this say.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    If you are allowed to carry at work, just do so. If not, I would recommend getting a gun safe for your car. They make small ones that you can put in your glove box, or secure under your seat (with cable and a lock).
    Good idea.
    Badey likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Legally speaking, the firearm is the frame (with rare exceptions like the Ruger Mk II/III's), so it would be better to carry the slide into work if you're looking to split hairs. However, I doubt HR will be interested in your legal definition if your employer doesn't allow firearms and you'll be looking for work. IME, HR is not your friend and are not rational.
    MadMac and LongGoneDays like this.

To me, having a gun in pieces kind of defeats the purpose of carrying one. If it was me, I'd look at bolting in a small handgun vault somewhere through the floor of the car (backseat floor area?) with some sort of QD setup. Or make a strong anchor point to chain a vault to. This is a little big but I use this for home and transport Armloc II® Magnum Handgun Safety System Part# 11111 on Franzen International, Franzen Armloc II Pistol Case

If you have a large truck or SUV, look at this Console Vault | Truck Safe

Another thing I would consider is leaving a less expensive gun (locked up) in the car.

I cable lock it to the bottom of the seat and shove in under
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

That doesn't sound like a good idea. HR will almost definetly frown on even a dissassembled gun.

and

That is a lot of loading and unloading of the pistol which will mean you need to buy a lot of new defensive ammo for all the chambering that's going to happen. You keep chambering the same round and you will get bullet setback and eventually you will have your first kaboom.
    LongGoneDays likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    If I'm not mistaken, WI is a Right To Work state. If so they don't have to have a reason to let you go.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Put a safe in the car, that's what I did.

I have chambered and unchambered a round every day for almost a year. All my defensive ammo is still in spec for total case length. Unless your gun has a bad feed ramp then you might have other issues to worry about.

I agree w/rammerjammer.... worked @ Home Depot here in Colorado, heard of 2 people get fired for guns in their cars.
    check your company policy on possession of weapons; "Right to Work" states can/will find any reason.....

I would suggest you ask your boss, not a bunch of internet gun guru's that don't actually sign your pay checks. Or, remember that concealed means concealed, and if you have a mechanism for locking it up if you can't carry, then lock it up.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I cable lock it to the bottom of the seat and shove in under
    this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I'm in the same situation, I have a gun valult in they truck and Academy - Stack-On Portable Security Case with Key Lock a stackon safe with a cable for my car... they don't make a safe for that...this works great and it's airport friendly...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links