Are hybrid holsters the best IWB option?

This is a discussion on Are hybrid holsters the best IWB option? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know how the hybid holster does with revolvers?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Are hybrid holsters the best IWB option?

Does anyone know how the hybid holster does with revolvers?

2. Remove Ads

What this thread points out is that there is no "best" holster for everyone. There is only the holster that works best for YOU. Others can say what works best for them, but each concealed weapons carrier is going to have to decide what works for them, and unfortunately, the only way to do that is by trial and error. Hence the "holster drawer".
    CJM and sgb like this.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by diver1102 View Post
    Does anyone know how the hybid holster does with revolvers?
    Very well. The molding does a wonderful job of retaining cylinder based guns but releases them smoothly. Rinse, repeat. I have a Kholster for my J-frames and LCR, and I love it for when I'm carrying all day. For on/off, I have not found a good single clip IWB revolver hybrid. Maybe someone can help us both with that.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
    --Alan Simpson

My "hybrid" is an Ace Case tuckable.

It isn't perfect, but it works, tucked or untucked.

But then, I carry either a P 64 or a CZ 82 in the same holster.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

N82 Tactical professional...the most comfortable IMO and I've practically tried every type.

:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Not for everyone. For some they are.
    There is no one best there many best . Depends on the person using it and what hey want in a holster.
    If they were the best then they would be the one one.

Definitely the best IWB, IMO. I still prefer OWB most days, but when I have to tuck, I've always got on a hybrid.

I think they are. They have adjustable retention and keep their shape. Leather varies a lot, it is hard to make 2 holsters in leather for the same gun that fit exactly the same. I find that the leather mouth of the holster needs to be reinforced or over time it gets loose.

Sent via Mental Power

CJM
    I would say hybrids are the most popular IWB style, but not the best. The VM2 style all leather with loops are probably the most comforable.

Another vote for N82 tactical professional holster. The most comfortable IWB I've ever used.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    I would say hybrids are the most popular IWB style, but not the best. The VM2 style all leather with loops are probably the most comforable.
    I have both a VM-II and a SuperTuck. I carry in 19 or 26 the VM-II @ 3:00 under a sweatshirt in the winter - very very comfortable. I carry the 26 in the SuperTuck @ 4:30 - 5:00 under an unbuttoned untucked shirt in the summer when I'm not pocket carrying the P238 in a Desantis Nemessis.

Fitch
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"Sigmund Freud

Are hybrid holsters the best IWB option?
    Well, they are for me. I was never a real fan of IWB until I got my first hybrid IWB holster. It's really the only way I can carry IWB comfortably.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Thats like asking are chevys the best trucks.....all depends on who is driving em, so same goes for holsters, in my opinion, find one you like, and use it....i have one holster maker i use exclusively, and i am sure ther are better out there, but i know there are worse, wait time is short, quality is exceptional.priced very reasonalble .... UBG holsters.com....makes some good belts too...
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

I've tried several of the "famous maker" tuckable IWB holsters, and they just do not work for me - at least, for the pistols I've tried (all Glocks). If I wear them at 3 o'clock, the barrel hurts my thigh. If I move it back towards 4ish, it kills my side and back when I sit in the car. Ugh. Appendix carry? No way. Uncomfortable (for me), and my belly makes the gun print so much a blind man could spot it. Not to mention I don't like the muzzle sweeping my femoral artery and privates...

I also find that IWB carry with a tucked shirt (how I have to dress at work) makes me look like I have a tumor on my side. And simple things like getting dressed or using a public commode (especially with kids along) get more complicated than they really need to be.

And lastly, for both work and social reasons, I absolutely require discretion in my carry methods. No clunking into a chair. No bump frisk. No telltale clips, lumps, or bulges. No worries about hugs, kids climbing on me, or atta boy pats on the back.

What works for me is pocket carry. Dual pocket carry, to be precise. Lately it is a LCR on the right as primary, and a LCP in the left as a BUG. Ambidextrous access. Combined 12 rounds capacity. And completely discreet. Including being able to get a combat grip on the gun without anyone realizing. Try that with IWB carry...

There are pros and cons to everything, of course. Took me a long time to get to where I am, but it works for me.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHatCo View Post
    Hey guys... Here is a quick rundown of a couple points that I think make hybrid holsters the best IWB option out there.

The reason we carry a gun in the first place is so we can be prepared to defend our lives and our families lives in the worst case scenario. As a CHL instructor here in Texas as well as a holster maker. I find so many people that get the license, then proceed to put their gun in their pocket or IWB in a cheap holster and they quickly discover that it is not quickly accessible and very uncomfortable. I know I know... "carrying a gun should be comfortING not comfortABLE." However for many newbies the discomfort is a deterrent to carrying as much as they want or need to.

The hybrid design in general (not specifically ours) is extremely comfortable and makes concealed carry easier, faster, more effective, and ultimately allows the average user to carry daily without direct discomfort. There are lots of folks out there now that make a hybrid IWB holster. The choices are many but you should evaluate them individually and extensively before making a choice.

I would love to hear your comments on IWB carry and what holsters you use now. What are the positives and negatives you have experienced? We appreciate the discussion and the feedback.

Be safe.. God Bless and Have a great day! T.
    You can make any clip-on IWB holster a hybrid. Clip it outside the pants but inside the belt, I do that with an Alessi Talon sometimes, manufactured as IWB. Keeps gun tight to the body but easy to reach, easier to conceal, (no bulge or little of one). Ideal for snub-nose revolver.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links