Good: Lets see if the "mainstream media" publicizes this

This is a discussion on Good: Lets see if the "mainstream media" publicizes this within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Utah CC holder subdues knife attacker Man buys knife, stabs 2 at Salt Lake City store | ksl.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Good: Lets see if the "mainstream media" publicizes this

Good: Lets see if the "mainstream media" publicizes this

Utah CC holder subdues knife attacker

Man buys knife, stabs 2 at Salt Lake City store | ksl.com
    RichB70, gcburt, Spirit51 and 3 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

I thought concealed carriers only pulled their guns out when they had road rage.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Utah is a great state, lived there 10 years and rarely felt the need to moan about the politics.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Maybe we need background checks to purchase kitchen knives? Was it an assault knife? A scary color? If we could keep those evil knives off the streets people wouldn't get stabbed.

When ever someone refers to the "mainstream media" I always think about that Chris Rock routine.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I thought concealed carriers only pulled their guns out when they had road rage.
    According to the media...
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    This is one of those situations where had it not been for the GG, we could have had 21 stabbed and 10 dead. Of course the media will never admit that the good guy stopped anything that major. But whatever it may have become, the GG stopped it. Good for him.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

VIP Member
    BUT......BUT.......but......Gun's are only used to kill people randomly. Maybe the gun was defective and wouldn't fire!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sometimes, ya gotta do the right thing, just 'cause it's the right thing to do.

Sometimes ya just gotta be a good witness.

This was one of the former.

Good for the GG.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

It is interesting to see these responses. Given a lot of threads around here about "scenarios" and most people say "I will be a good witness but not get involved". I guess it is a good thing in this instance a CC'er that had the intestinal fortitude to get involved was nearby.
    ep1953 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    It is interesting to see these responses. Given a lot of threads around here about "scenarios" and most people say "I will be a good witness but not get involved". I guess it is a good thing in this instance a CC'er that had the intestinal fortitude to get involved was nearby.
    Lotsa times I'm with the be a good witness crowd... but if you see someone stab another who has no weapon it does no harm to stop the fray until the authorities arrive. They can sort it out.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

every once in a while we get a positive news clip; it’s good to hear

If the mainstream media gets hold of the story, it will read....

Man pulls gun on butcher at neighborhood grocery store..
    ep1953, Blackheart6 and tommy62 like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

No shots fired. Good trigger discipline!

I read through all of the comments on the website. Funny how there is not one negative comment about gun rights or concealed carry. Funny how when a story comes along like this there is very little the gun hating crowd can say.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links