Defensive Carry banner

Add Red Lobster to the list

16K views 84 replies 65 participants last post by  oldrwizr 
#1 ·
The wife and I decided on lunch at RL today. As we approached the door there in plain sight is their no gun policy.

#77 ·
i will not patronize a "no guns" business if i have a choice. to respect their property rights while respecting my own viewpoint; to not help them thrive in their anti-gun attitude; and because i prefer not to be in a 'disarmed victims zone'. yet i've been invited to meals at one such restaurant, and i've gone, while leaving my gun in the car. just learned through 'handgun law US' that in Washington State, such signs do NOT have the force of law. they can ask you to leave, and you will be breaking a law if you don't, but carrying, per se, is not illegal. so the next time i'm invited there (if ever), i WILL carry my gun. i fully expect that no one will ever know i'm carrying. no harm, no foul. but i do realize that i am violating their property rights.

not so incidentally, there is a GUN STORE in my town that had a "no guns" sign in their window the only time i stopped by (about 9 years ago). they're still in business, but i've never gone back.

"against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain." isaac asimov

#80 ·
It's a private business. If they want to post a sign that says all male customers must wear a Borat-style swim suit and females must wear burkas, that's cool with me. Just don't expect me to patronize the establishment. Same thing if they've got a gun buster sign. I'll respect their rights and walk down the street to a competitor.

But seeing as I never was a big fan of Red Lobster/Olive Garden in the first place, have no desire to eat frozen fish when I'm this close to the coast, and I just made a friend with a boat and a Lobster license, I guess I can mark this problem as N/A.

#82 ·
Does'nt matter to me,but I want go there anyway,my last trip to our Local R.L,was met with turmoil,as a freind was enjoying a salad a creature :mad: was also,told waiter to see manager and he tried to remove the salad,no ,no,no he was told,the manager never showed up,so said freind went to the kitchen with salad in question,fork sticking through creature,was met by manager in kitchen,told he could not be in kitchen,freind said in a very loud Marine Ooh-Rah:image035:,that the creature should'nt (edited for D.C.) be in his salad,and the managers reply,"You brought that in with you":mad::mad:,needless to say after the salad was falling very gracefully off the wall,we were dragging said freind out of R.L.,screaming(edited for D.C.),how we would never be back,that was in '03,now if I want seafood I go to Joe's.

#85 ·
There's a sign in the NC Legislature that says, "No guns in an establishment that serves alcohol", so it's a moot point here. They don't even need a sign on the door. I've eaten there for 40 years and managed to stay alive this long so I'd say my odds are pretty good. Keep calm and lobster on!

NOTE: The NC Legislature is currently considering a bill to allow CW's in alcohol-serving businesses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.