Add Red Lobster to the list - Page 4

Add Red Lobster to the list

This is a discussion on Add Red Lobster to the list within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Never eat there. In the south there are way better places to go for seafood....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Add Red Lobster to the list

Never eat there. In the south there are way better places to go for seafood.

Come on now... those cheesy biscuits that come to the table are seriously tasty.
    Burns and discoboxer like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    havent seen it on the RL here in my town
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

VIP Member
    Add????

They have been on the list for years along with all the rest of the Darden restaurant chain ( http://tinyurl.com/25lnjem ).

Dear Mr. Van Cleave,

Thank you for your interest in Red Lobster; it is always a pleasure to hear from our guests.

Red Lobster does not permit weapons of any kind in our restaurants, whether unconcealed or not. This policy is in effect for the safety and comfort of our guests and employees.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

Stephen
    Sr. Guest Relations Representative
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Not here in NC it isn't,and even if it was, i can't read anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    Outback here is a gun free zone.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

We don't go to RL anymore anyway, the food quality has gone way down and the prices have gone up.

The wife and I decided on lunch at RL today. As we approached the door there in plain sight is their no gun policy.
    What part of TN are you located. Our Red Lobster just has the State Alcoholic beverages sign. Which has been around for years. HCP is an exception to that signage.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    What part of TN are you located. Our Red Lobster just has the State Alcoholic beverages sign. Which has been around for years. HCP is an exception to that signage.
    Nashville and the sign is now gone.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    Not here in NC it isn't,and even if it was, i can't read anyway.
    They serve alcohol for on-site consumption so carry is prohibited anyway.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    The one here isn't the typical no gun with the red slash through it. It is in the form of a badge sort of.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post

In Many States a Posted Sign MUST be obeyed.
    In those states if you possess a weapon in a posted establishment you have committed a CRIME.

I suggest you study the laws of your state so that you do not risk time in JAIL.

Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee is just such a state.
    ...[T]he sign is now gone.
    For future reference
    If a sign is used as the method of posting, it shall contain language substantially similar to the following:
    AS AUTHORIZED BY T.C.A. § 39-17-1359, POSSESSION OF A WEAPON ON POSTED PROPERTY OR IN A POSTED BUILDING IS PROHIBITED AND IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE.
    (B) As used in this section, “language substantially similar to” means the sign contains language plainly stating that:
    (i) The property is posted under authority of Tennessee law;
    (ii) Weapons or firearms are prohibited on the property, in the building, or on the portion of the property or building that is posted; and
    (iii) Possessing a weapon in an area that has been posted is a criminal offense.
    (C) A building, property or a portion of a building or property, shall be considered properly posted in accordance with this section if one (1) or both of the following is displayed in prominent locations, including all entrances primarily used by persons entering the property, building, or portion of the property or building where weapon possession is prohibited:
    (i) The international circle and slash symbolizing the prohibition of the item within the circle; or
    (ii) The posting sign described in this subdivision (b)(3).
    Since you say that there was no "international circle and slash symbolizing the prohibition of guns", did the "badge" sign "contain language substantially similar to the following:
    AS AUTHORIZED BY T.C.A. § 39-17-1359, POSSESSION OF A WEAPON ON POSTED PROPERTY OR IN A POSTED BUILDING IS PROHIBITED AND IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE"? If not, then, in TN, the sign did not have any force.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Nashville and the sign is now gone.
    Good to hear.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

The wife and I decided on lunch at RL today. As we approached the door there in plain sight is their no gun policy.
    That's when I go inside, ask to speak the manager. Then I explain the process of obtaining my CCW (training course for 20 hrs, background check, fingerprinting) and that I am a well-educated man (Master's Degree) with disposable income to spare. I then inform him that he will be forever losing my business, and that I will instead go to a competitor.

Just to stick it to them.

I worked at one in CA for 5 yrs. It wasn't posted and never talked about. Yes I'm sure it was because CA issues no ccw permits...rolls eyes

Also, you folks eating seafood in the mid USA are brave! Didn't see any oceans last time I was out that way.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I worked at one in CA for 5 yrs. It wasn't posted and never talked about. Yes I'm sure it was because CA issues no ccw permits
    First, CA issues permits - depending on the county. Second, from hangunlaw.us with reference to CA
    “No Firearm” signs in California have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry. If you are in a place not specifically mentioned in the law that is posted and they ask you to leave, you must leave. If you refuse to leave then you are breaking the law and can be charged. Even if the property is not posted and you are asked to leave you must leave. Always be aware of the possibility that responding Police Officers who may have been called without your knowledge and may not know the laws on trespass etc. could arrest you even if you are within the law.
    This is the same source of my information in my earlier post. Let me google that for you.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    For future reference

Since you say that there was no "international circle and slash symbolizing the prohibition of guns", did the "badge" sign "contain language substantially similar to the following:
    AS AUTHORIZED BY T.C.A. § 39-17-1359, POSSESSION OF A WEAPON ON POSTED PROPERTY OR IN A POSTED BUILDING IS PROHIBITED AND IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE"? If not, then, in TN, the sign did not have any force.
    I was taught in my ccw class that any posted sign expressing clearly that firearms are not allowed must be honored in Tn. Our city parks here have the circled gun with slash and that is strictly enforced
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links