Defensive Carry banner

Add Red Lobster to the list

16K views 84 replies 65 participants last post by  oldrwizr 
#1 ·
The wife and I decided on lunch at RL today. As we approached the door there in plain sight is their no gun policy.

#6 ·
I like me some Red Lobster. The one I go to in North Little Rock, Ar, I haven't noticed a sign yet. The next time I go,I will check and if they have a sign,I'll turn around and go somewhere else.

#7 ·
The one here isn't the typical no gun with the red slash through it. It is in the form of a badge sort of.

#10 ·
Red Lobster has not made it to Iraq yet and the one in NLR no longer has the King Crab Fest so I have not been even when home.

Will just have to see what Runt finds out with the sign. By the way Runt we are from the same home town send me a PM if you like we may know each other.

#13 ·
My local RL isn't posted either. Not that it matters. Signs carry no weight of law in my state. And since I am no OC'er, nobody is ever the wiser.

Reactions: G.S.C.
#14 ·
this may not be corporate policy, it might be an over zealous franchisee, if y'all really care to make an issue of it you can contact their corporate home and complain to the management of that restaurant with the sign.
Here in FLA signs like that have no legal backing and I usually ignore them choosing a don't ask/don't tell policy, that said if I am found out and asked to leave I am obliged to leave or face arrest for felony armed trespassing. YMMV

Reactions: Tzadik
#21 ·
Spoke to the manager. Said it was his prerogative to put the sign there. Not a corporate stance.

#29 ·
I would consider writing a letter to the corporate office.

Darden Resturants:
PO Box 695011
Orlando, FL 32869-5011

From my understanding, none of Darden's brands (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, Eddie V's) are franchises and are all corporate controlled. It's very possible the store manager has an agenda and Darden may want to hear about it.......especially since none of their other stores are usually posted. I own stock in this company and will be letting them know my opinion. Could you provide me with store info and store manager's name via PM?

#31 ·
Interesting turn of events. The guy I spoke to presented himself as the manager. Turns out he was the manger on duty but not the store manager. I spoke with "her" tonight. She told me the sign was overkill by this guy from earlier today due to a complaint from a patron regarding an OC'er last weekend. The store manager stated that she had instructed the junior manager not to place any sort of placard on the entrance. She claimed she was unaware of the sign being used but knew the other had mentioned such a sign. She assured me that there was no sign and stated that the company's policy does NOT ban guns from the premises at this time. Whew! What a nutty situation. It was obvious she wanted no part of the stink that was nearly generated by the junior guy. I suggested to her that he find a new job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.