Gun-Buster Signs all over, do people even give it thought?

This is a discussion on Gun-Buster Signs all over, do people even give it thought? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I understand private businesses being able to make the rules for their property. Many who post gun-busters on their front doors do so in order ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Gun-Buster Signs all over, do people even give it thought?

Gun-Buster Signs all over, do people even give it thought?

I understand private businesses being able to make the rules for their property. Many who post gun-busters on their front doors do so in order "to give their customers a warm-fuzzy that there are no guns allowed" on their property. a question i wonder is weather or not it is even thought about for a non-CCWer to notice that there ISN'T guns allowed on their property.

i mean really, do people who dont like guns even give it thought that there may be people carrying in places where the signs exist, or are business owners/corporation making an issue where there is none to begin with?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HardLuck682 View Post
    I understand private businesses being able to make the rules for their property. Many who post gun-busters on their front doors do so in order "to give their customers a warm-fuzzy that there are no guns allowed" on their property. a question i wonder is weather or not it is even thought about for a non-CCWer to notice that there ISN'T guns allowed on their property.

i mean really, do people who dont like guns even give it thought that there may be people carrying in places where the signs exist, or are business owners/corporation making an issue where there is none to begin with?
    Does it really matter, particularly in states like mine where gunbuster signs carry the weight of law?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Noticed one on charter cable company bussiness yesterday. No weapons allowed. That is the only company that provides cable in my town to.. that sucks. Guess i can look into dish network.

Quote Originally Posted by HardLuck682 View Post

Bad Guys do not obey the law.

If they are already breaking the law, why would they pause for a second to consider whether they ought to be carrying in an area where it is posted that it is not allowed?

Laws and signs that prohibit guns mean absolutely nothing to Bad Guys.

As one locksmith once told me, "Locks are only for honest people." Because if BG's want to get in, they'll just kick in the door anyway. If BG's want to carry a gun, they will do so.

The only surprised people will be the sheep who thought that the laws and the signs were protecting them from that kind of behavior!

where i live, they are everywhere, all the shopping malls, many restaurants, my daughter'd dance studio, almost everywhere i go. in my state, they hold no weight at all. there are specific dimensions the signs need to be, at least 11"x14" with 1" lettering, and placed in a conspicuous place... but many of the signs i see do not fall into the right dimensions, or even being a SMALL vinyl decal at the bottom of the entrance way.

Then I would pay them no mind. Conceal carry. Always carry, never tell.
    mano3 and Spirit51 like this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

There was a sign at the ALDI store in Milwaukee and a CCW holder "didn't see it" and stopped a robbery.

Then there was a vendor at a goodwill parking lot that stopped a robbery also. He must of missed the sign too

Now I would never tell anyone to break the law but some of them signs are in the darnedest spots
    MrBuckwheat likes this.

VIP Member
    The signs carry the weight of law here in North Carolina but there are no specifics on signage, a gun buster sign crayoned on a box top will get you arrested if caught carrying.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

All signs mean here is that if you get caught, you may be asked to leave the property. If you refuse, then, and only then, you have broken the law and are trespassing. So, not a lot of open carry around here.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    In Tn gun buster signs carry the full weight of the law. I'm always afraid I'll accidently stray into a newly posted area and not see the sign. I have read that the Legislature is working on a bill that will give a reprieve to us old timers who cannot bend down low enough to see the little little gun buster sign surrounded by the no shirt-no shoes-no service, no solicitors, no smoking, no cussing, no spitting in cups, no loitering, no pooting signs
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I fully believe that anyone who can justify any sort anti-self defense sentiment in their head is the exact kind of imbecile who feels warm and fuzzy at the sight of 'gun buster' sign. Just listen to the mental giants running VT. "Our policy helps people FEEL safe"
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

The sign at the Milwaukee ALDI store did not meet the legal requirements. It was obstructed from being easily seen. The first officers on the scene even missed seeing it.

Here in Wisconsin it has to be prominently displayed to carry the weight of law, and ALL of the entrances to a building have to be posted.

The only place posted that I may go to is the local mall. That location also fails to meet the legal requirement. Not a single anchor store will put up a sign which means that my mall will never meet the legal requirements. The only way around that would be to have the exits from the stores posted going into the main area, and they are not. Which is nice because I sometimes go from one anchor store to another. They are very close to one another on the opposite sides of the mall.

It's a beautiful thing that in order to have no legal liability the stores have to remain unposted. It helps keep things more 2A friendly.

In Wisconsin a sign must be at least five inches by seven inches that states the restriction on carrying a firearm. Wis. Stat. 943.13(2)(bm) 1.

An owner or occupant of a part of a nonresidential building, the state or a local governmental unit, or a university or a college has notified an individual not to enter or remain in a part of the building while carrying a firearm or with a particular type of firearm if the owner, occupant, state, local governmental unit, university, or college has posted a sign that is located in a prominent place near all of the entrances to the part of the building to which the restriction applies and any individual entering the building can be reasonably expected to see the sign. 943.13(2) (bm) 2 am

The law permits certain owners and occupants of property to prohibit persons from carrying a concealed firearm in or on the property. A person may be subject to a Class B forfeiture if he or she carries a firearm on the property after being notified not to remain on the property or remain with a specific type of firearm. In the latter case, a property owner can prohibit a person form possessing a specific type of firearm on their property or any firearm. Wis. Stat. 943.13(1m)(b)
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Signs mean nothing in the GunShine State...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by alafan View Post
    Noticed one on charter cable company bussiness yesterday. No weapons allowed. That is the only company that provides cable in my town to.. that sucks. Guess i can look into dish network.
    well if you love in Alabama like your location says, it matters not. Signs mean jack squat in our state. If they saw you printing or something they can ask you to leave, that is all.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links