COSTCO firearms policy - Page 10

COSTCO firearms policy

This is a discussion on COSTCO firearms policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by livewire9880 "Hey, that sign looks really old, would you mind taking it down?" That will work great, I'm sure Though, I think ...

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: COSTCO firearms policy

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    "Hey, that sign looks really old, would you mind taking it down?"

That will work great, I'm sure Though, I think he was referring to the email in the OP...
    Who knows...who cares...carry anyway, should one so desire...
    MattInFla likes this.

I shop there as well. The way I see it is that I follow state and federal law while carrying. In the Florida laws it doesnt say I cant carry in Costco, or Banks for that matter. When I go into anyplace and it says "no guns" I still carry because thats only a company rule not a state or fed law. Does that mean bad guys are not going to bring their guns into a bank or costco etc...No. So either will I. Just follow the law and you will be fine.

I'd have to agree with most here, if there's no sign at the door and your weapon is concealed then this really isn't an issue. If for whatever reason I was confronted by a Costco employee about this, I'd go to the counter and get my membership refund then and there and never be back.
    That said, I usually feel like I need a gun in Walmart moreso than Costco, but you never know.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocT65 View Post
    I'd have to agree with most here, if there's no sign at the door and your weapon is concealed then this really isn't an issue. If for whatever reason I was confronted by a Costco employee about this, I'd go to the counter and get my membership refund then and there and never be back.
    That said, I usually feel like I need a gun in Walmart moreso than Costco, but you never know.
    In most states wouldn't they consider you trespassing if they asked you to leave then you went to membership?

Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    In most states wouldn't they consider you trespassing if they asked you to leave then you went to membership?
    He left out the part where he went to his car?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

I live in the Phoenix area and have had occasion to shop at least 4 Costco locations - Tempe, Gilbert and Chandler. Two stores have had the "no firearms" sign near the entrance consistently over the 9 years I've been here; 2 have added the signs to my knowledge (observation) over the past 12-18 months.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I care less what a company's policy is concerning the carry of guns in their establishment. I carry everywhere it's legal to, even in Costco's, and being it's concealed, never had a problem. If asked to leave, I would and more then likely not frequent that business again. Until then, I don't let any business anti-gun policy (if i know it) affect whether I shop there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    He left out the part where he went to his car?
    So if they ask you to leave because they see your gun you go to your car then come back?? :-o

Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    So if they ask you to leave because they see your gun you go to your car then come back?? :-o
    It depends on what they tell you to do. If they say that you're welcome in their store anytime but, in the future, please leave the firearm behind, then sure... If they "ban" you from the premises? Then no. Not really that hard to figure out...

Quote Originally Posted by Alf87 View Post
    I care less what a company's policy is concerning the carry of guns in their establishment. I carry everywhere it's legal to, even in Costco's, and being it's concealed, never had a problem. If asked to leave, I would and more then likely not frequent that business again. Until then, I don't let any business anti-gun policy (if i know it) affect whether I shop there or not.
    maybe going into costco is fine where you live but in some states if the store is properly posted/signed you could face arrest.
    for example in TX I believe in addition to some jail time ignoring a 31.06 sign can get you a 10k fine as well

That is correct APVBGuy. If sign's had the force of law here I would have to obey them. I should of been clear to state that first so my intent would be understood, but I thought it was implied.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I'm a Costco member and carry concealed there every time I go. If it's not against state law then I got my carry gun on me.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Yeah...that policy statement pretty much looks like a "cover our butts" legal caveat. I'm thinking..don't ask don't tell also.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

I went to my local Costco in Plano, Texas yesterday and the only sign I saw said: "The unlicensed possesion of a handgun on these premises is a felony...". So at least in Texas...carry on!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I looked hard but didn't see anything posted at my local Costco in Greensboro NC. Glad to see that.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Links