COSTCO firearms policy - Page 11

COSTCO firearms policy

This is a discussion on COSTCO firearms policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey... maybe some of you with posted Costco stores could take some cellphone pics and post them. I live in the state where Costco was ...

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: COSTCO firearms policy

Hey... maybe some of you with posted Costco stores could take some cellphone pics and post them. I live in the state where Costco was born and have never seen one, maybe another poster's picture could let us know what to look for?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

ďThe great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.Ē
    -- John F. Kennedy

When situations like this arise i ask myself 2 questions.
    1. Why do i carry a firearm?
    Answer : To protect myself .
    2. Will retail store 'X' do this for me if i disarm?
    If the answer is "no" then i make the best decision i can ,given the situation and drive on.My decisions are based on the reality that I am responsible for my own safety and no one else ......not police,security,government or any retail buisness.
    The easy way is always mined.

Sadly, IKEA is a different story, at least in TX, where they do have proper signage.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I've shopped in I think every Costco in MA & NH as well as one in W. CT and never saw any signs. I know a couple of Costco employees who hold permits. I've also been in the IKEA in E. MA and never saw any sign.
    NRA Instructor

I read through this thread quickly and didn't see any posts from CA; probably missed one or two. I'm going to shop at the local Costco tomorrow and check for the signs as I enter. I donít live near the border, so maybe the signage will be missing. This might be an issue in states closer to the border or in states with more open space. CA is so anal about CCW licenses; they might not figure anyone is actually carrying. I donít believe Iíve ever seen a sign in any local stores. Government buildings, schools, sporting events, etc are all assumed to be off limits.

Looked around for any such signage in my local Costco, and didn't find any.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    maybe going into costco is fine where you live but in some states if the store is properly posted/signed you could face arrest.
    for example in TX I believe in addition to some jail time ignoring a 31.06 sign can get you a 10k fine as well
    IF it's a 30-06 sign. I haven't been to Costco in a long time. Our membership is at Sam's so I can't speak for what signs Costco may post. At Sam's the only signs I've seen refer to "unlicensed" firearms.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

P95
    Never shopped at a costco store....never will.

Hmm I let my membership expire guess I'll leave it that way. But I never saw a sign at the store here

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by P95 View Post
    Never shopped at a costco store....never will.
    The gas savings alone makes a membership worth it and you don't even have to go into the store. Routinely 20+ cents cheaper/gal than anywhere else in my AOR.

Haven't seen any signs in my area of Georgia. Carry CCW everytime in the store. Same things at Wally World and Sams Club. Not an issue for me, but YMMV.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Went to Carson City, NV costco today, no sign posted today, but I have seen it there in the past. I guess they took it down or someone took it down for them. Strolled in concealed like I always do.

Costco September 1, 2012

Just went shopping at my local Costco in Covington, WA today. Usually when I'm driving I put my shirt behind my gun in case I ever have to draw. Well today when I got out my truck I forgot to cover my gun. After going into Costco open carry and walking for about 5 minutes before I noticed it, I covered it up immediately and thought oh crap.

I picked up a bunch of steaks and chicken and right than the manager, Marcus, walked up to me and asked me if I was carrying as a few customers had noticed it. I said that I was. He said that it was store policy that weapons were not allowed into the store. I said that I have a concealed weapons permit and he said that since it was seen I had to take it out of the store.

I also mentioned that I talked to an individual at the South Center store, Tukwila, WA, that was open carrying and he said that he said that no one bothered him and it was not a problem. An older women asked him why he carried and he explained it to her, but no manager asked him to leave.

Marcus said since they saw it I had to take it out, but he also said that if concealed then THEY, Costco Staff, would not know about it so it would be OK. So lesson for the day...always cover. And I'm getting to the point with these "people against guns" that if anything ever did happen in a store that I would just go the other direction and only defend myself and girlfriend if directly confronted and let the People against guns fend for themselves. I know that might sound bad but why protect someone that wants to take my gun away.

guns.jpg
    RichB70 likes this.

Everyone makes mistakes. Better luck next time.

Shame on the people who complained. They should have just let you know and then minded their own bees wax.

No spell-checker with Tapatalk, sorry.

My wife often says to me "Look hun they ban guns on these premises" to which my response is always "I'm happy for them"...then I walk in armed as always. Concealed means concealed. Then again being in MN I have that luxury I suppose as I need to be verbally trespassed and refuse to leave before any trouble would come about.
    RichB70 likes this.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Links