COSTCO firearms policy - Page 12

COSTCO firearms policy

This is a discussion on COSTCO firearms policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is pretty simple. If you don't like their policy, then shop elsewhere....

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: COSTCO firearms policy

It is pretty simple. If you don't like their policy, then shop elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    It is pretty simple. If you don't like their policy, then shop elsewhere.
    Not me. If I don't like their policies I'll shop there anyway if the prices are right and lines aren't too long. I shop for economy, not politics or "principle". I leave that to the overly-sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    Not me. If I don't like their policies I'll shop there anyway if the prices are right and lines aren't too long. I shop for economy, not politics or "principle". I leave that to the overly-sensitive.
    So I guess you are not a fan of respecting others and their rights. I also take it that property rights are meaningless to you as is morality. When someone agrees to follow upon agreed upon set of rules and doesn't they are a dishonest liar and not to be trusted.

I want to also ad that I work for Costco and have to follow the rules as does everyone else.

So I guess you are not a fan of respecting others and their rights. I also take it that property rights are meaningless to you as is morality. When someone agrees to follow upon agreed upon set of rules and doesn't they are a dishonest liar and not to be trusted.
    Their rights change when they open their doors to the public. We're not talking about Jim Sinegal's house here, we're talking about a business. Granted, with Costco, they aren't quite the same as a Walmart in that they charge membership fees. At the same time, a private resident can refuse service to someone because their ethnicity or religion offends the homeowner, a business does not have that right.

And yes, I believe that my right to security outweighs their right to not be offended. But they won't BE offended, because they will never know about my 'little friend'.

I want to also ad that I work for Costco and have to follow the rules as does everyone else.
    Your employer has more power over you than they do their customers. They can fire you, where all they can do is refuse to take my money. Even so, it's YOUR choice to follow that stipulation, and many employees choose otherwise, as many of the 'gun policy at work' threads on this very forum will tell you.
    Last edited by livewire; September 5th, 2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: merge
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    the stores are not posted, concealed means concealed and don't ask don't tell works for me
    Posted or not, in Florida it means nothing legally. They can ask you to leave if hey find you have one, but they cannot prohibit you from carrying. It is a request in Florida not a law.

Depends, property rights do not trump state law regarding firearms in my state. There is no store I know if that can assure I am safe from a potential BG. My right to legally carry and protect myself and loved ones is far more important to me then a company deciding that a person should not be able to legally carry per state law. I am sure we all agree that BD's follow request to enter a store without a gun, choosing to use their finger instead since it would be morally wrong for they to use a gun since you asked hem not too.
    BG's don't follow rules, all the no gun signs in the world have never stopped a single crime. I carry everywhere I am legally allowed. Do I need to carry in church? Probably not, but you never know, the world is a dangerous place and it is not that way because of people legally carrying weapons. If I know there is going to be a gunfight I am not going to go, unfortunately that is most often not an option.

The buisness owner is the one posting signs prohibiting rights, so it's the buisness which is disrespecting rights, not the costomer.

No spell-checker with Tapatalk, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    The buisness owner is the one posting signs prohibiting rights, so it's the buisness which is disrespecting rights, not the costomer.

Here we go again....Just in case you did not notice, the property owner is upfront about his policy. You are not. You conceal when you know he does not want you to carry. That sir is deceitful. Right or wrong, agree or disagree with the owner but he is not lying, or deceiving you which you are to him when you knowingly go into a no gun zone, force of law or not.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Here we go again....Just in case you did not notice, the property owner is upfront about his policy. You are not. You conceal when you know he does not want you to carry. That sir is deceitful. Right or wrong, agree or disagree with the owner but he is not lying, or deceiving you which you are to him when you knowingly go into a no gun zone, force of law or not.
    Cry my a river.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Cry my a river.

That was the most articulate thing you have said on this matter. Shows great debate skills.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    That was the most articulate thing you have said on this matter. Shows great debate skills.
    But he does have a point... you don't have a right to know everything about everyone who enters your store. I do, however, have a right to self-defense.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    But he does have a point... you don't have a right to know everything about everyone who enters your store. I do, however, have a right to self-defense.
    You have a choice of where you like to shop. And yes, a business owner or property owner sure does have the right to know what you bring in if he deems it harmful to his business or patrons or employees. Theaters and reseraunts can ban you ffrom bringing in food, stores routinely do not allow you to bring in bags because of shoplifting......
    Owners can ban your kids from coming into a resteraunt (adults only), offensive shirts, cussing can have you leave, try expressing your freedom of religion and slaughtering a chicken somewhere. Don't say these are ridiculus, they are all examples of rights gaurenteed in the COnstituiton which the government can not infringe on but the property owner sure can.
    Why should guns be differetn.

When I was a skydiving instructor in NH I did not allow weapons for safety reasons. Yeah, I could have made it safe by ensuring everyone was rigged properly so that eliminate the safety aspect. I chose not to becasue I did not want to wast my time.

I believe that when you step onto somebody elses property you need to abide by their rules. If you had a garage sale and i was OCing and your wife wasnt comfortable with it and asked me to leave, I wouldnt argue or try to CC it and come back. I would respect her request and leave with an apology for disrupting her day.

Youd expect a neighbor with a loud stereo to turn it down at 5 am, as it reaonably affected you in your dwelling. So why be rude and sneak around their policy? If they say "no" and you dont like it, go somewhere else. No reason to be a jerk about it.
    suntzu likes this.

The Costco's in Dallas are not posted.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links