COSTCO firearms policy

This is a discussion on COSTCO firearms policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I still am free to spend my money how and where I see fit. Costco is not now and will never be on my list ...

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: COSTCO firearms policy

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I still am free to spend my money how and where I see fit. Costco is not now and will never be on my list of where I choose to spend my money. Only a zoo needs to buy 6- gallon jars of peanutbutter at a time. IMHO shopping there just encourages people to over eat. As their bottom-line tightens they'll begin to feel safer with lawful gun toters, if not they'll join the ranks of other supermarket chains who went belly-up!
    tricolordad likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Won't be shopping there anymore...
    Regards,
    nicklikesHK

"Does anyone else care that California is taking away our rights, one right at a time? HELP US!!"

FYI:Jim Senegal, Costco founder and former CEO is speaking tonight at the Democratic convention
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

just passing by, after 183 posts I was feeling left out

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    just passing by, after 183 posts I was feeling left out
    Missed you
    barstoolguru likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Missed you
    I never been to costco so I can't say anything BUT if I do and get hurt.... watch out; I have a tilt meter on my belt and when it goes off my lawyer is paged.

I never been to costco so I can't say anything BUT if I do and get hurt.... watch out; I have a tilt meter on my belt and when it goes off my lawyer is paged.
    I like it... where do I get one of those? :)
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    I like it... where do I get one of those? :)
    there is two kinds....first is on the IPhone tilt meter.jpg
    then there is the old fashion one that has been around for umpteen million years 50494_349285235712_4364_n.jpg
    tricolordad likes this.

there is two kinds....first is on the IPhone tilt meter.jpg
    then there is the old fashion one that has been around for umpteen million years 50494_349285235712_4364_n.jpg
    Well played
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

FYI:Jim Senegal, Costco founder and former CEO is speaking tonight at the Democratic convention
    Why are they letting him talk? He didn't build that!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Why are they letting him talk? He didn't build that!
    He could spread some of his wealth around to me...

-- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by nicklikesHK View Post
    Won't be shopping there anymore...
    I hope you plan to write them an email or a letter letting them know why you have chosen to take your business elsewhere. Without feedback, we stand little chance of influencing policy.

I understand not frequenting a business that does not allow you to exercise your 2A rights, but keep in mind that the personal views of those that own a company are just that. I don't agree everyone's views, but I respect their right to hold them, and I will not hold it against their business so long as they do not infringe on my rights.

If I owned a business I would hate to think that sharing my views on 2A would cause me to lose customers (even if it was true). As a free society we should be better than that.

Simple reminder.... no politics... against rules

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    So I guess you are not a fan of respecting others and their rights. I also take it that property rights are meaningless to you as is morality. When someone agrees to follow upon agreed upon set of rules and doesn't they are a dishonest liar and not to be trusted.
    Requests made by a business on their website are easily missed. As a consumer I cannot be expected to know every policy of the business prior to entering. So I will carry there unless verbally informed that I am no longer welcome in the store because I am carrying a firearm. That is a reasonable request and I will happily abide by it, until then What sign? I didn't see any sign.
    RichB70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    So I guess you are not a fan of respecting others and their rights. I also take it that property rights are meaningless to you as is morality. When someone agrees to follow upon agreed upon set of rules and doesn't they are a dishonest liar and not to be trusted.
    Property owners who post gun-buster signs are disrespecting the rights others. You're arguing that we should respect their disrespect. Thats a silly thing to ask for.

The best thing to do in most cases when someone disrespects you, is ignore it. This means ignoring gun-buster signs.

If you don' like guns, close your buisness and go home. No one forced you to engage in public commerce, that was your choice.

No spell-checker with Tapatalk, sorry.

Links