COSTCO firearms policy

This is a discussion on COSTCO firearms policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by noway2 Apparently by your statements below, you haven't gotten my stance straight. In both of my posts I acknowledged that an activity ...

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: COSTCO firearms policy

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Apparently by your statements below, you haven't gotten my stance straight. In both of my posts I acknowledged that an activity like sky diving is a completely different situation than a retail store like Costco (i.e. the subject of this thread).

I guess I am a criminal every time I exceed the speed limit too. For that matter, I put no guns signage on a level significantly below that of speed limtis.

Whether or not one has been in the military is irrelevant here.

And if you consider posting a sign telling me not to carry, in a place like Costco, well, then yes, because I place myself and my wishes above you and yours, and I don't make any apologies for doing so.
    Once again, gentle reader, I don't recognize the validity of the claim of total property rights on businesses open to the general public.

Situation is everything here. I repeat (again), sky diving is NOT shopping at Costco.

By your logic, a solid 99% of the population would be a criminal. I never said that I abide by every law every time, nor do I imagine many do. Some I will even deliberately defy. Then again, in many states, these signs aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Unfortunately, in my state they are valid, but then there is the whole trespass issue, and chances are you won't even know in the first place because I am not going to make a spectacle in public.

Once again, situation is everything. Are we talking about shopping at Costco or something else. Aside from that, turning to physical threats, now that's impressive (not).

I repeat, what are talking about here? Sounds like were not on the same page.
    You can play dumb all you want and I will let you. i took a little more time than some others to help you with your problem. We both understand what I pointed out, with a few exceptions. Military experience is what separates the men from the boys when pertaining to armed conflict, which you are sure to cause with your reckless and illegal behavior. Whats impressive is your degree of ignorance of a man's career dedication to the practice of war...aka KILLING. You admit to deliberately defying law pertaining to firearms and property rights. If its worth anything to you, your "legal opinion" is not going to matter in court.
    And to the validity of a skydiving school vs COSTCO...they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone they choose. I might not like their assumption that Im reckless or a danger, but i will respect their wishes and not do so. But then again, please, go ahead. Knock on the devils door long enough and sooner or later somebody will answer. Have a super day kid!
    Adrenaline likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Off topic here but would like to clarify something:

Is not correct. Rangers are not Special Forces. Special Forces are Army Green Beret's. Rangers are part of the Special Operations command.
    FYI: If someone ever says they were a Ranger, ask them if they know the creed. If they were they would at least be able to remember most of it. If they do not they are full of something.
    under no circumstances will i ever embarrass my country oops now they all know half or that sentence lol everybody is claiming to be a Navy SEAL anyways lol

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    @tricolordad: Are we even talking about the same subject here? From the first post:
    We've shopped at Costco for years, and while I have looked for no-weapons signs, I've never seen any. Nevertheless, Costco has the following policy in full display on their website
    Now how the hell does that have anything to do with:
    "We both understand what I pointed out, with a few exceptions. Military experience is what separates the men from the boys when pertaining to armed conflict, which you are sure to cause with your reckless and illegal behavior. Whats impressive is your degree of ignorance of a man's career dedication to the practice of war...aka KILLING.
    Or are you just mad because I didn't acquiesce at your trying to play the "I served in the military card?" No, I am not playing dumb. I think that this thread has gone off into extreme whacky-ville trying to equate a possibly dangerous situation during a specific physical activity with being out in the general public. So, carrying concealed at Costco is being reckless and a danger.... right, that makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    under no circumstances will i ever embarrass my country
    ??????????????????
    Was not saying you were or were not, just clarifying that Rangers are not Special Forces.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    @tricolordad: Are we even talking about the same subject here? From the first post:
    Now how the hell does that have anything to do with:
    Or are you just mad because I didn't acquiesce at your trying to play the "I served in the military card?" No, I am not playing dumb. I think that this thread has gone off into extreme whacky-ville trying to equate a possibly dangerous situation during a specific physical activity with being out in the general public. So, carrying concealed at Costco is being reckless and a danger.... right, that makes perfect sense.
    . Actually, i was referring to your comment about how you were goimg to ignore his sign regardless of the law. Nothing to do with my service or your assumption that i said youre a danger at COSTCO. quit avoiding the subject of ethics and morality of carrying in a business where you know it isnt allowed by the property owner.

The additional comment about carrying in a rangers place of business after being told it was prohibited was pointing out the fragility of your decision making process. I will repeat, it has nothing to do with my service. nothing to do with my service.....
    Last edited by tricolordad; September 10th, 2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Clarity

The last several pages of posts have generated far more heat than light, so this one is done.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Links