COSTCO firearms policy - Page 8

COSTCO firearms policy

This is a discussion on COSTCO firearms policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I'm not sure how this conversation could have gotten much further off topic. On the original topic, I agree with the sentiment that has ...

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 246
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: COSTCO firearms policy

  1. #106
    Senior Member Array gdm320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    571
    Well I'm not sure how this conversation could have gotten much further off topic.

    On the original topic, I agree with the sentiment that has been kicked around already: just one more reason not to do business with Costco.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley


  2. #107
    Ex Member Array oldrwizr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    the stores are not posted, concealed means concealed and don't ask don't tell works for me
    Agreed. In my CC class they taught it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

  3. #108
    Ex Member Array mhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    cool, next time I'm in AZ I'll ignore those signs some bars post. FWIW I was in places that served while carrying, the places were not posted so I suppose I was ok to be in there drinking a beer with lunch
    Cool story, bro.

    I HIGHLY recommend open carrying when you do that. Post results...

  4. #109
    Ex Member Array mhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    but you should be aware that AZ is not everywhere
    Never said it was. And, really? You just up and "figgered" that out all on your lonesome, eh?

  5. #110
    Senior Member Array Slim_45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver, NC
    Posts
    1,046
    They gave us a deal on a Cosco membership @ work & had only shopped there a few times but after i found out about this i had it CANCELLED
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

  6. #111
    Ex Member Array mhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim_45 View Post
    They gave us a deal on a Cosco membership @ work & had only shopped there a few times but after i found out about this i had it CANCELLED
    Should have kept it. The gas savings, at least in my area, more than pay for the membership fee. Their gas station isn't posted...

  7. #112
    Ex Member Array apvbguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NE FL
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
    Cool story, bro.

    I HIGHLY recommend open carrying when you do that. Post results...
    according to AZ law being a non AZ resident is an affirmative defense against charges for carrying in a prohibited place.
    maybe the concept is too lofty, you can keep on laughing instead of comprehending

  8. #113
    Ex Member Array mhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    according to AZ law being a non AZ resident is an affirmative defense against charges for carrying in a prohibited place.
    maybe the concept is too lofty, you can keep on laughing instead of comprehending
    Like I said... He can do it and post results. In for the LOLz.

  9. #114
    Senior Member Array DMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    MT
    Posts
    1,012
    The policy does not forbid guns - not anywhere do I see that guns are forbidden. It say's they don't feel it is necessary for guns to be brought into the store. This is an appeasement policy - "we don't think it is necessary" reading between the lines "not necessary but not forbidden" This is an appeasement policy to make the left wing anti-gun crowd from making a lot of noise, but nowhere do they forbid it” This has no weight saying they don’t allow it.
    FireStar M40 likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

  10. #115
    Member Array nikdfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Person Co. NC
    Posts
    143
    FWIW, I have never seen a "no weapons" or "no firearms" sign posted at any of the various Costco stores we have visited in VA and NC.

    Nick
    Retired FBOP
    NRA Life member

  11. #116
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    cool, next time I'm in AZ I'll ignore those signs some bars post. FWIW I was in places that served while carrying, the places were not posted so I suppose I was ok to be in there drinking a beer with lunch
    I would assume that I am misreading that or something... or it's clarified elsewhere in the ARS. Surely "gunbuster" signs aren't enforceable for AZ residents but not for nonresidents?

    Quote Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
    Don't need to provide you squat... Are you coming to AZ anytime soon? If so, be prepared... If not...shine on...
    Your elequant and specific claim was "You're wrong". I tried to engage in a fact-finding mission with you, but you refused to participate and just kept going on about how "wrong" I am. I tried to find evidence to support your point and you just kept up with the attitude and statements that I'm wrong.

    From now I'm assuming I'm right. If I ever go to AZ, I'll do what I always do and look up what I can and contact the AG via email to get the latest info. If you want to quit with the superiority complex and actually try to back up your point, great. But quit dumping sewage on a Costco thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    Not necessarily, if you will think about an Olive Garden Restaurant where there is a dedicated Lounge/Bar area (which is Marked "No Minors" or "No one under 21"), you can carry into the Olive Garden Restaurant itself even though you can legally get a drink served to you while you are eating there, but you can not carry into that area of the Olive Garden that is off limits to those under 21 years of age. If that is what you meant by "ANY" part of the establishment above, then we are in agreement, but that is not how you came across.

    In case you are thinking that you can not enter any part of a facility that serves open container or mixed alcoholic beverages/drinks, then I will ask that you continue reading.

    Not knowing where you are in Washington State, I can not expect you to know of the RAM (in say the "Kent Commons")
    Even though it is a Micro-Brewery and has a bar area within the facility. It is also a Restaurant and is not restricted to those under 21 from entering, so again you can legally carry into it as long as you do not go into the restricted bar area itself.

    My proclivity for Bar Hopping died out years ago so I can not even tell you how many old time bars (Buildings that are bars only that no one under 21 can enter at all) are still in existence.. I can say that I see more and more Lounge/Restaurants everywhere I go, so even that under 21 restriction may be dying out for the most part.
    The law is very clear... you cannot carry past the official Liquor Control Broad signs restricting an area to 21 and above. The interesting part is that that's the only sign that legally enforces that stipulation. A "club" can have "21 and over" posted on the outside door, but have a seating area with a separate bar that has the "official" sign posted there. You can actually carry in through the door and the restaurant seating area, but can't carry past that delineation to the bar itself past .
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

    “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

  12. #117
    Member Array LkWd_Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lakewood JBLM vicinity
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    The law is very clear... you cannot carry past the official Liquor Control Broad signs restricting an area to 21 and above. The interesting part is that that's the only sign that legally enforces that stipulation. A "club" can have "21 and over" posted on the outside door, but have a seating area with a separate bar that has the "official" sign posted there. You can actually carry in through the door and the restaurant seating area, but can't carry past that delineation to the bar itself past .
    And with the number of Lounge/Restaurants popping up that are mostly a Restaurant with high stool seating along the sole section that is considered as being the bar.. You will find fewer and fewer places that will have the Liquor Control Board signage that is not posted on a wall behind the bar, basically telling you that you can not carry while sitting at the bar. LOL But enough of this side-BAR conversation in a Costco thread.. LOL (Pun intended)
    Last edited by LkWd_Don; May 16th, 2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: correct spelling and insert missing word
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

  13. #118
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    And with the number of Lounge/Restaurants popping up that are mostly a Restaurant with high stool seating along the sole section that is considered as being the bar.. You will find fewer and fewer places that will have the Liquor Control Board signage that is not posted on a wall behind the bar, basicly telling you that you can not sit at the bar. LOL But enough of this side-BAR conversation in a Costco thread.. LOL (Pun intended)
    My favorite was a (now closed) bar in Wenatchee that had the liquor control board sign on a post inside the entrance, with a second room attached to the main with a sign that said "no minors allowd after 9pm", as they operated that side as a restaraunt during the day. I would have been technically legal to carry in there as long as I didn't go to the pool tables.

    And as far as costo goes... if they really wanted to ban firearms, they would make the policy a little easier to find. I would assume they would at least have it on the official rules page on the membership site, not on an obscure third party contact page...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

    “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

  14. #119
    Member Array LkWd_Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lakewood JBLM vicinity
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    ~~ snip ~~ And as far as costo goes... if they really wanted to ban firearms, they would make the policy a little easier to find. I would assume they would at least have it on the official rules page on the membership site, not on an obscure third party contact page...
    I would agree and it might be a situation that they are working out the kinks in the verbiage of it before posting it officially. That someone who just happens to have access to those area's which are in effect proposed.. leaked the info prematurely to the public. Or it might be their actual policy that they have discreetly hidden just so that they can point to it as they are demanding an armed individual leave their premises/use for a trespass charge if need be.

    If I were the Purchasing Agent for a large Company going in an buying $$ thousands in electronics to transport back to the Office.. I would not want to be Un-Armed, so I will wholehearted agree that Costco really does need to re-think a release of that policy.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

  15. #120
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    I would agree and it might be a situation that they are working out the kinks in the verbiage of it before posting it officially. That someone who just happens to have access to those area's which are in effect proposed.. leaked the info prematurely to the public. Or it might be their actual policy that they have discreetly hidden just so that they can point to it as they are demanding an armed individual leave their premises/use for a trespass charge if need be.

    If I were the Purchasing Agent for a large Company going in an buying $$ thousands in electronics to transport back to the Office.. I would not want to be Un-Armed, so I will wholehearted agree that Costco really does need to re-think a release of that policy.
    I'm almost more inclined to think that it was an email question and someone "let the lawyers handle it" or other type of CYA. I heard about this the first time a long while ago... I would expect that if it was a 'pending' official policy it would have been approved or denied by now and added to the official membership documentation.

    Just a guess though.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

    “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

concealed carry costco
,
costco ccw
,
costco ccw policy
,

costco concealed carry

,
costco concealed carry policy
,
costco firearm policy
,
costco firearms
,

costco firearms policy

,

costco gun policy

,
costco guns
,
costco no gun policy
,
costco weapons policy
Click on a term to search for related topics.