No Firearms Allowed sign....but good

This is a discussion on No Firearms Allowed sign....but good within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by apvbguy a friend of mine has a gun shop, he posted a decal on the door that says that there is nothing ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: No Firearms Allowed sign....but good

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    a friend of mine has a gun shop, he posted a decal on the door that says that there is nothing inside worth dying for. I think it sends the right message.
    Probably a bad idea. If he should happen to kill a robber, a lawyer could turn that against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Meh.... good for the concealed carry thing, but why are they hatin' on open carry.
    Because it could scare customers away?

2. Remove Ads

apvbguy
    a friend of mine has a gun shop, he posted a decal on the door that says that there is nothing inside worth dying for. I think it sends the right message.

Arborigine posted
    Probably a bad idea. If he should happen to kill a robber, a lawyer could turn that against him.
    only in CA

Lol at all the oc people just conceal your gun when you go in if you can legally do so. If not don't shop there if it pisses you off that much.
    kb2wji likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinS View Post
    Lol at all the oc people just conceal your gun when you go in if you can legally do so. If not don't shop there if it pisses you off that much.
    I must say that is one of the most idiotic things I have heard in a long time. Maybe all stores should just post no gun signs and change all the laws so they have the force of law. Got news for you. It is not contest between CC and OC. The Brady bunch just loves reading this forum when there is an issue about OC and CC.

American

i go to a dialysis center that has a no firearms sticker on the door. My kidneys are bad, and it is one of quite a fw that i actually agree it should be.half of us there are dying anyways, BUT....
    i disagree with the no guns allowed on a shop door, its their prerogative to run off all of the legal carriers and their dollars, but it really only lets people that are carrying ILLEGALLY into their business with a gun, and of course not everyone, but im sure alot of them are intending to use it for no good.
    but hey, im just some old war vet that refuses to shop in a place that wont let a cripple take a leak...what do i know.(that includes gas stations-if i gotta use a restroom and you refuse, there are 25 others out there that want my money)

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    A lon time ago I worked at what was then called GI Joes, at the sporting goods counter. The store policy there was to check all guns at customer service and have them bring them back to the counter so people weren't walking around carrying rifles, etc... for "safety" reasons. I can kind of understand that, we had some pretty crazy people come in and really scare me with how they handled their firearms, but to allow CC and deny OC seems really odd to me.
    Walk softly ...

I like the "10% Discount to CCW Permit Holders" signs...was in a thread quite a while back.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I like the "10% Discount to CCW Permit Holders" signs...was in a thread quite a while back.
    Wild Bills BBQ in Meridian Id has 10% discount for CC'ers. 15% discount for Open Carriers!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Meh.... good for the concealed carry thing, but why are they hatin' on open carry.

^^^^^^^^Maybe I can lend a different perspective on this..^^^^^

It is LEGAL for women to go topless in public in the Province of Ontario and perhaps a few places in here in the states.
    Is it legal for a female to be topless in public places where men can be topless

You are a store /business owner, restaurateurs, etc, etc,etc,,,

You put a sign stating that you, the proprietor, do not want women to "open carry" what God has given them, but "concealed carry" is fine.

Why you say, its legal and you don't know too many guys who would object, right?

I think the same argument could be said for open carrying a firearm.
    Some people are gonna think its fine, and unfortunately, some people are going to take offense.
    They are trying to appease every one of their customers, and that would be counterproductive.
    Its a trade-off, but at least we're making headway, so we should celebrate the step in the right direction, albeit a baby step.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Some stores like Bass Pro Shops have a similar sign. Upon asking once upon a time, I was told that they referred to firearms brought in for repair and not firearms being carried. Also, for example, Cincinnati Bass Pro is attached to a mall and has signs warning "no weapons past this point" at exits that go into the mall itself. I assume others may do the same.
    Steve

Gander Mountain has a sign here like that. Keep it concealed and there isn't a problem.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    awesome!

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I think it's more a matter of not wanting someone walking in with a loaded gun on their hip (or wherever else they OC on their person) and trying their LOADED gun in holsters, checking magazines for it, etc. Which is VERY unsafe, VERY 'unprofessional', and VERY disrespectful to the people working there.

I think it's more of a matter of safety, not a matter of denying 2A rights. If it's concealed, it stays there- concealed. If you're planning on checking accessories, and you're a CCer, you will unload before entering the building and let the person at the door check to make sure that it is unloaded. I'm sure that it also helps with potential insurance issues; kind of like a sign at an automotive shop that tells people not to enter the service bays for safety/insurance reasons.

If I had a similar store in a state that allowed OC, I would put the same sign up- it's not about denying rights, it's about making sure that my store is safe for everyone. I wouldn't want to be in a store where someone whose proficiency I am not sure of is trying to cram a loaded gun into a 'strange' holster to check the fit.

I'm not trying to upset anyone, but can we please try to look at it from the owner/operator's point of view before we get mad and start making accusations?
    phreddy likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I have a huge problem with the sign. IMO anybody that thinks this is cool or a good idea is not pro 2A. One could flash their NRA card in my face or have 30000 posts on this forum declaring their love for the 2A and their support of it and it wouldn't mean doo doo.
    2A rights do not trump the rights of the owners of private property. Your right to swing your arm stops where my nose begins. My house, my rules.

I don't allow cussing in my office. I suppose that's another right that I'm trampling on.

Now, I happen to allow legal carry in accordance with SC state law in my place of business, but that's because I choose to. I respect the rights of those that don't, as well as the sub-rules that they specify in their place of business.
    Sig35seven likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links