No Firearms Allowed sign....but good

This is a discussion on No Firearms Allowed sign....but good within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw this and I gotta say, it is certainly the first welcoming sign I have seen. They must have had issues with open carry ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: No Firearms Allowed sign....but good

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

No Firearms Allowed sign....but good

I saw this and I gotta say, it is certainly the first welcoming sign I have seen. They must have had issues with open carry in the past.

IMG_1576.JPG
    pistola, Foo909, WHEC724 and 2 others like this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

There's a local Mexican restaurant that has a prominent sign that welcomes concealed carry on the premises. Its nice to see signs that aren't restricting me from carrying.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

If they are restricting an otherwise legal activity I still would not shop there. But that's me. I bet their issue is that they don't want to explain that it's legal to someone that complains.
    carracer likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

ccw sign.jpg
    Sign in front of my favorite magazine store.

VIP Member
    If Open Carry is legal in the state the store is located in, then I do have a problem with the sign.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I have a huge problem with the sign. IMO anybody that thinks this is cool or a good idea is not pro 2A. One could flash their NRA card in my face or have 30000 posts on this forum declaring their love for the 2A and their support of it and it wouldn't mean doo doo.
    carracer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I saw this and I gotta say, it is certainly the first welcoming sign I have seen. They must have had issues with open carry in the past.

IMG_1576.JPG
    Meh.... good for the concealed carry thing, but why are they hatin' on open carry.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

VIP Member
    Similar signs appear in all the large gun stores I visit in Ohio, Michigan, and West Virginia. Gun shows, otoh, have no tolerance for armed customers whatsoever.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    If they sell firearms I am fine with it. I have seen way too many people with little or no experience in these places mishandle firearms. Conceal is concealed. Most people that conceal have the legal permit and some training.
    There is no permit required for OC here.
    Because they work on firearms they set a policy to have them checked. It is for safety. Customers could be bringing in defective and possibly loaded fire arms into the building. Since they have a policy against OC you can make a choice to shop there or not. It is unfair to call them against 2A.

I do not use gunsmith services from places like this or any other chain stores.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Because they work on firearms they set a policy to have them checked. It is for safety.
    So, because THEY work on broken firearms, people must surrender their operation ones for safety? How does that make any sense?

It is unfair to call them against 2A.
    Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure using their ability to disarm otherwise legal citizens is the definition of against 2A. Their are members of the Brady Bunch who are hunters! They have no issue's with long guns....just handguns. Are they PRO 2A??? You can't pick and choose, your either pro or anti. When you start using your person opinion to disarm people against their will you are an anti, plain and simple. The fact that people can choose not to go in there is irrelevant.

Maybe it's more of an anti-shoplifting thing instead of anti-open carry???
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

a friend of mine has a gun shop, he posted a decal on the door that says that there is nothing inside worth dying for. I think it sends the right message.

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Maybe it's more of an anti-shoplifting thing instead of anti-open carry???
    How does restricting OC deter shoplifting? I don't need a visible gun on my hip to shoplift!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    How does restricting OC deter shoplifting? I don't need a visible gun on my hip to shoplift!
    As in shoplifting firearms...

I was just thinking of some reason why they would post that sign; I don't agree with it.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    the guy at the counter wouldn't notice someone putting one of their guns in an empty oc holster. Or swapping one gun for another.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links