What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted!

This is a discussion on What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How 'bout something like this: edited for female:...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted!

How 'bout something like this:

edited for female:
    Last edited by kerberos; May 3rd, 2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: added pic
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Lol yeah, that'd work!

Reason I even want to carry in the first place is because the hospital where I am working is in sh*tville central. They have a "no firearms" sign on the entrance, but that doesn't mean sh*t to a drug addict or felon. Our "security" team consists of 6, middle-aged, overweight men (and 1 woman). They carry a walkie talkie and wear blue polos and black tactical pants. No cuffs. No baton. No tazer. No mace. No gun....no security. It's a joke. Needless to say, anyone and everyone in the hospital is a sitting duck for a crazed person intent on hurting others.
    It would definitely be a deterrent. "Crazy doctor has an AK... I'm not messing with him". Or, if they are dumb enough to mess with you, you've got 30rnds of 7.62X34 from a rifle to change their minds.

But, maybe you could try an ankle holster? Since most doctors I've dealt with lately spend most of their time in a room with me on a stool/seat of some sort- it would still come easily enough to hand. Or, if they place is held up, they'll probably make you get on the floor anyway... "Ok, ok- I'm getting dow.." BANGBANG!! Not a 'perfect' plan, but how many SD plans are 'perfect'?
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

The real question is... "What happens if they find out that it is a GUN?"

Do you get canned, arrested, frowned upon???

If the answer is the latter, I'd tell them to screw off. If one of the former, maybe reassess what you're doing.
    Spade115 likes this.

I am a Ninja and can make a weapon out of just about anything. I once killed a raccoon with a well place rapidly thrown booger from my own nose!

I suggest you find your local Ninja training facility and start getting knowledge in the art or the craft. Though a true Ninja is an invisible Ninja because real Ninjas are so stealthy they cannot be seen. So if you do find a Ninja training facility it is probably not a good one considering you have found it.

So I guess you are SOL!
    MleeC and Arborigine like this.

I just carry folded up towel for that accident we are all going to have someday, just want to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by MBRIDER View Post
    I am a Ninja and can make a weapon out of just about anything. I once killed a raccoon with a well place rapidly thrown booger from my own nose!

I suggest you find your local Ninja training facility and start getting knowledge in the art or the craft. Though a true Ninja is an invisible Ninja because real Ninjas are so stealthy they cannot be seen. So if you do find a Ninja training facility it is probably not a good one considering you have found it.

So I guess you are SOL!
    Gay........
    kmagnuss likes this.

VIP Member
    Whatever you do, don't tell him it's the detonator for the WMD you have in your desk!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

All snark aside, you're doing it wrong. Concealed carry doesn't mean big, noticable gun bulge in a pants pocket. Your none-of-your-business response basically confirms to the guy you're packing, and he may get twitchy and dime you out.

Also, double-check on the state and local laws for carry in a healthcare facility. Where I live, a medical professional can get charged with a felony after he/she is fired. Not sure what laws there are where you live.
    kmagnuss likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I'm going to go with the "medical device". That might be a little tricky since you work in a hospital, another doctor might ask for more details. So maybe give it the "personal... medical device" indicating clearly that you don't want to explain any further by your tone and drawn out/emphasised work "personal".

Or you can tell him you don't trust the banks and that is where you keep your extra gold stash...
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Gay........
    This kind of response has me wondering how "professional" of a healthcare professional you are.
    kmf0925 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    How 'bout something like this:

edited for female:
    Nice double stack lol
    First Sgt and Chief1297 like this.

"Its a battery powered pump inflator. Dont ask what it connects to"
    kerberos likes this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Honestly, If people are noticing I'd say you need to do a better job concealing. If a gun is to large for a specific method of carry it's time to look at a different gun.
    RonCo and First Sgt like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Well, you could answer... "It's nunyas."

"Nunyas?"

"Yeah, nunyas darn bidness!"

But dude, whatever medical perfession you in, you are risking your employabilty by carrying OTJ. If you just gotta carry a big gun in such circumstances, and gotta call folks who are funnin' ya gay... I gotta wonder what you compensatin' for.

Some insist on dressing around the gun. I insist on the best combination of firearm and holster to be concealed with whatever I am wearing.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Definitely have to do a better job concealing, even if that means a different gun. It sounds like you are not permitted to carry at work, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue what your bulge was. I wouldn't carry where it wasn't permitted...and if it is permitted, tell him "It's a gun. What do you think it is?"

On a different note, it sure is refreshing to see that other people besides me think that hybrid holsters are awful. I hate them. No, I don't want to carry at 8 or 8:30 where they're comfortable...I want to carry at 9:00! (lefty).
    "It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." ~ Clint Eastwood

"I hope this changes."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links