What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted! - Page 4

What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted!

This is a discussion on What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; IMO, the M&P Shield isn't a pocket carry gun. Even if it fits your pocket, it's going to be noticeable bulge... as you have found ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted!

IMO, the M&P Shield isn't a pocket carry gun. Even if it fits your pocket, it's going to be noticeable bulge... as you have found out. I agree with the others in this thread. Sooner or later, someone may rat you out for carrying. Which is a more likely scenario than the chance you may need the gun.
    10thmtn likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Just tell him it’s a bag for a catheter or colostomy that will generally end the questions immediately.
    That is what I was thinking. Even a more vague whispered "It's a personal medical thing." might be enough.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    The common response in the Seabees to, "What is that?" - "If it was up your a__ you'd know".

Just say it's a medical device. If they ask anything more just say you don't want to talk about it and most people will just leave you alone.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    The common response in the Seabees to, "What is that?" - "If it was up your a__ you'd know".
    That is hilarious!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Ask him why he is looking at that region of your body. That should make it awkward enough that he will not bring it up again.
    MisterFleas likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

If its printing that badly it barely qualifies as concealed. I'd change something. Never tell a co-worker your carrying, its only insurance if kept unknown to all else.Otherwise it turns into a liability imho...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    It's my TV remote control. Them show it to him:

...GunRemote.jpg
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

M.
    Depends on who it is.

What did they guess it was?

I'd probably switch it for one of the things they guessed, unless they guessed it was what you are actually carrying. Show them and be done with it.

No question you need to carry in a way that's comfortable for you, but the reality is the Shield is not a pocket gun, if you carry it in your pocket people will see it and ask questions which defeats the entire purpose of a concealed weapon. If you insist on pocket carry I'd strongly suggest buying a gun designed for that. BG380's are nice. SmartCarry is also a good option. Not noticeable and much more comfortable then you'd think.

Ya I don't see how you expect to get away with that gun. Even my little LCP somes can print in my pocket depending on how I bend my leg. What I need to get is a pocket holster that in can slide into in my pocket. That way it sort of looks square and like I just have a wallet in there or big phone.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Put a pocket-sized Bible in that pocket and just tell him, sarcastically, "It's a gun, duh. What did you think it would be?!" And then pull Bible out of that pocket and show him. Then waggle your eyebrows at him and say, "why all the sudden interest in my pocket?"
    Spirit51 and MisterFleas like this.

I'd like to carry my S&W M&P 9c in my pocket but guess what ITS NOT A POCKET PISTOL!!!! and neither is the shield. Buy a smaller gun and get over your phobia of having a smaller caliber. I carry Ruger LCP in my pocket and it barely prints at all!

VIP Member
    Get something similar in size like a phone in a case. Pull it out one time and they will forget all about it. They probably suspect something at this point. You should try and defuse it now.

Someone else once said to tell them "it's a medical pump, it deliverers premeasured minerals to protect me." (leads a mineral, right?)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links