What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted! - Page 5

What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted!

This is a discussion on What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; +1 to just carrying a big phone holster there and OCing the phone. They'll think it is that. Or this: Colon Carry Jeans: The Next ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted!

+1 to just carrying a big phone holster there and OCing the phone. They'll think it is that.

Or this:
    Colon Carry Jeans: The Next Great Thing In Concealed Carry Fashion - YouTube

OP, you were made. You need to implement far better concealment immediately.

Or you could say, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

As much as I don't like it I carry a kel-tec p32 in my pocket at work.It is my only option. Any other time it's a j-frame,small frame 9mm pistol,full size 1911 .45 but I can't have them find me out or I'll loose my job. A medical pro should be very cautious carrying in the hospital. A pocket pistol might be your best bet. Good luck in your quest.tom.

I don't think I can move my white jacket out of the way, untuck my shirt, draw, and fire, fast enough to prevent harm to myself.
    If you wear the jacket all the time it will definitely conceal whatever's in your pocket. Yeah, the white coat does slow your draw for IWB, but it makes a nice cover garment for pocket carry. I agree w/ others that the Shield is too big for pocket carry, as you can testify. A 380 is best route for pocket carry. Have you thought about, or tried, a 38 Special snub nose for pocket carry? Not many seem to like the ankle holster well enough to use it long term for primary carry. If you insist on a 9mm instead of a 380, you MIGHT can pocket carry something smaller, like a Kel-Tec PF9, Ruger LC9 or Kahr CM9. Even then, you might still print. The big problem for you is that you're now on the radar of a nosey co-worker...... Be careful, my friend.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Or you could say, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."
    good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Smartcarry.

If he notices it in that holster, he wants to buy you dinner and make you breakfast.
    Ditto. I carry a S&W Bodyguard in a Smart Carry when I need really deep concealment. I wear it off-center so that it rides on my thigh, right under my pants-pocket - right around 10:00. It's completely invisible there. For added assurance, I slip my wallet into that pocket, right over the top of the pistol. Any questions about a bulge and "it's just my wallet". But there are no questions, because the BG is so flat it adds very little to the ordinary wallet bulge. Wearing it under the pants pocket also has the advantage that, by reaching into my pocket, hooking a finger under the barrel, and pushing up, I can pop the grip up above the belt-line. This makes for a faster and more covert draw than is possible when you're wearing the smart carry at the usual 12:00 position, where you actually have to reach into your pants to get at the pistol. Plus, I find it way more comfortable to wear it at 10:00.

Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Tuckable IWBs with clips, as stated, do not work for me. Required to wear dress slacks, tucked in dress shirt, and tie.
    Prefer pocket carry, because a sport coat gets pretty warm in the summer.

Trying to make PC work. Not interested in a dinky .380
    FYI, I wear my Smart Carry, as I described above, in dress slacks all the time, without a white coat or even a sport coat to cover the front - just a tucked in dress-shirt. Looks like the Shield is only marginally wider than my BG - .95" vs .84" - so it seems likely that you could use your Shield in a similar setup with similar results. The only disadvantage I can see is that the draw isn't quite as quick as from the pocket even with my little "push up" trick. But it's still pretty quick, and if you need the concealment, you need the concealment. IMHO, the extra fraction of a second you'd gain by pocket carry isn't worth risking that people will notice that you're carrying in violation of workplace policy.

urine bag .... or my heart defibillator .....

typically though, when people see the bulge it IS my cell phone. They never notice the gun on the other side.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

If they ask, say "nunya.
    They say Huh?
    You say Nun ya business

Courtesy of my dad. Gotta love that old fart
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

VIP Member
    It's my MP3 player, I forgot to put it in my desk before my rounds (or whatever it is you do).
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    OP, you were made. You need to implement far better concealment immediately.
    THIS.

Yep. If he's asking, he knows. That he hasn't dimed (quartered!) you out yet probably means he's pro-carry, or afraid to squeal without 100% proof.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

You could try: "Are you checking out my junk again, Charlie??!!! Please stop that behavior or I will have no choice but to report it!" And then go get yourself a LCP with a pocket holster (like this)
    RugerLCP.jpg

Looks like a wallet, easy access, doesn't bulge or print and goes with me everywhere.
    Pkupmn98 and 10thmtn like this.

Before retiring most of my co-workers were much younger than I was. I found that commenting on how hot their mom looked last time I saw her ended the discussion rather quickly.

Michael

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    "Colostomy bag. Wanna burp it for me?"
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links