What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted!

This is a discussion on What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There are smaller 9mms that could be pocket carried easier than the one you have. Perhaps the Kahr PM9 would work a little better for ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted!

There are smaller 9mms that could be pocket carried easier than the one you have. Perhaps the Kahr PM9 would work a little better for you. I prefer pocket carry over IWB personally, so I carry an LCP most of the time, with practice you should be able to empty a mag center mass, that should do the job.

Maybe a tuckable IWB holster so you can carry the pistol with your dress shirt tucked in, and then the white jacket over the top.

Or you could just say "My Grandfather lived to be 98 years old". And then when your co worker asks you what that has to do with it, say "He knew how to mind his own damn business".

2. Remove Ads

OP - Similar situation here. I need to be discrete at work, and must wear dress attire (tucked in shirt). I've also tried several of the "famous" IWB holsters, and found them to be very uncomfortable. In particular, sitting in a car was painful, as the seat pushed the pistol into my side. Ugh.

For pocket carry, the Shield is too big - the gip is too long. Also, you need a pocket holster with an anti-print panel.

If you insist on a 9mm pocket gun, then you're looking at the PM9/CM9, the Rohrbaugh R9, the Boberg XR9s or the DB9.

For pocket holsters, I use the Desantis Superfly, or leather pocket holsters from www.hiddenholsters.net. If you go with the latter, ask Jim for a thumb push-off.

In dress attire, I carry a PM9 plus a LCP in opposite pockets. If the pockets are on the smaller side, or the dress pants are too thin for the weight of the PM9, then I go with dual LCPs.

If you go with a .380, load it with a flat-nose FMJ and have no worries about it being able to ruin someone's whole day...

If you want to keep the Shield, then get yourself the Smartcarry. I've done presentations in front of large groups with a Glock 19 in mine, and no one noticed a thing.

I've gone to dual pocket carry mostly now, because it is even more comforable, and I like being able to discretely have a firing grip on my gun without being obvious about it.

Hope this helps, good luck.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

If you want to keep the Shield, then get yourself the Smartcarry. I've done presentations in front of large groups with a Glock 19 in mine, and no one noticed a thing.

Hope this helps, good luck.
    You have used the Smart Carry with a G19 in dress attire?

Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    I've used one with a Shield, XDM, 642, PM9, MK9, P22, LCP, TCP, and they all hide great.

Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Yes, daily for several years.

1. Use pleated dark colored dress pants.

2. I found the most comfortable spot is at 11 o'clock (I'm right handed). Center the base of the grip on the zipper line. The slide then has more room down the front of the left leg.

Only reason I stopped using it is because I drive a lot, and having the backstrap of the gun pushing into my bend point day after day for years started to finally get irritating. Plus, I missed being able to casually get a grip on my gun (in my pocket) if I found myself in an iffy situation - which is one of the things I really like about pocket carry.

I still use the Smartcarry on occasion, when I want to carry something bigger than my G26 (fits in some pockets), PM9 (fits in most pockets), or LCP (fits in all pockets).

Your Shield should be a breeze in the Smartcarry.

Try the Smartcarry. You can send it back if you do not like it. You only lose shipping. Charlie is also a great guy to work with.

Hope this helps.
    Catfan63 likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I love the smartcarry for the gym, but I have serious doubts about being able to draw from it in a timely fashion wearing anything with a belt.

I carry IWB with an MTAC most of the time and find it quite comfortable (XD40 Service) with a tucked in dress shirt, but for a few pair of pants that are too small for that (I have about 40 pounds to lose this summer ) I recently got a Kahr CM9. It's out in .40 now if you think the 9mm is too 'light' for social work, and it's surprisingly accurate in my large hands, I expected to pay a penalty for such a small gun.

I agree that the .380 is a bit light for 'bad neighborhood hospital' carry as the likelyhood that the BG you eventually have to deal with is on something, prescription or otherwise, is probably higher than the average bear. I hear the CM/PM40 is a heavy recoil gun, but the CM9 is really easy to shoot.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links