What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted!

This is a discussion on What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, Been carrying my M&P Shield in my pocket in a Desanti Superfly holster. So far it works great. Can draw from my dress ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: What to tell nosy coworkers --- your suggestions wanted!

Hey guys,

Been carrying my M&P Shield in my pocket in a Desanti Superfly holster. So far it works great. Can draw from my dress slacks quickly and easily.
    However, it does leave quite the bulge. I had a coworker today ask what the bulge was. I said "It's personal" and he started to try and pry it out of me. I wouldn't tell him. He eventually gave up, but I don't want him walking around all suspicious.

Anyone have any suggestions for if other coworkers ask in the future? What would you say it is?

And before it happens, no I don't IWB carry because it's uncomfortable for me, it bothers my back. Yes, I have tried a Super Tuck and a M-TAC, and no, they weren't comfortable.

Thanks, guys :)

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Could always say you're 'just happy to see him'.
    Definitely make him stop asking questions.

Maybe say it's your wallet, your phone- if you don't keep it on your belt, or maybe some kind of medical device. But, the first option is most likely the 'best' to keep him from asking again- if for no reason other than throwing him so off balance he won't know how to react.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    Just tell him it’s a bag for a catheter or colostomy that will generally end the questions immediately.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

LOL guys. That's hilarious.

I do actually keep phone and wallet in the other front pocket of the pants.

I work with 15 women and carry a knife my aproach to carrying (school district so I carry a small knife for opening box's ((Non Aggressive looking too)) has always been simple..."Its a guy thing" you can try that but he'll be confused o.0 lol
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Printing is bad business.

Get a different gun.
    Get a Remora holster and carry it where it doesn't hurt your back.
    Get a messenger bag.
    Wear a sport coat and go shoulder-holster.

If someone is nosey, you're showing, and it will be trouble sooner or later.

Seriously? What bullshark says.

Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Hey guys,

Been carrying my M&P Shield in my pocket in a Desanti Superfly holster. So far it works great. Can draw from my dress slacks quickly and easily.
    However, it does leave quite the bulge. I had a coworker today ask what the bulge was. I said "It's personal" and he started to try and pry it out of me. I wouldn't tell him. He eventually gave up, but I don't want him walking around all suspicious.

Anyone have any suggestions for if other coworkers ask in the future? What would you say it is?

And before it happens, no I don't IWB carry because it's uncomfortable for me, it bothers my back. Yes, I have tried a Super Tuck and a M-TAC, and no, they weren't comfortable.

My response would be....Nothing, why? If he continue, then tell him none of your business. Sometimes IMO is better to be a little harsh up front. Saves future questions....
    BurgerBoy and KnifeGuy like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Hey guys,

I use these, so nobody notices any bulges. I can't stand hybrid holsters, either.
    The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    get something that can actually be concealed.
    Foo909, kmagnuss, SWIll and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Could you wear different pants? Khaki is generally thicker and hides bulges better. Lightweight dress pants can cling and make shapes more defined.

If it's a hot chick, she will either think you're a creep or she will be flattered. Next thing you know she is making out with you in the copy room.
    ducatirider likes this.

If it's so noticeable that people are asking about it you're not concealing it adequately. You need to get more creative and work out a system for concealed carry that works instead of trying to figure out what to tell people.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Smartcarry.

If he notices it in that holster, he wants to buy you dinner and make you breakfast.

Your collection of Tom Jones CD's
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links