i know some people think i am just paranoid.. - Page 3

i know some people think i am just paranoid..

This is a discussion on i know some people think i am just paranoid.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by shooterX I was actually referring to the movie Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 3) with Bruce Campbell: This Is My Boomstick! - ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: i know some people think i am just paranoid..

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    I was actually referring to the movie Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 3) with Bruce Campbell: This Is My Boomstick! - Army of Darkness (2/10) Movie CLIP (1992) HD - YouTube
    Now I have to watch that movie.

Check out this video. Cartridge vs Bullet - YouTube
    urkrypt0nite likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    The only person who knows what is in my bedroom, or where, precisely is my wife. Better to remain silent and thought a fool...
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

waiting for my CCL to show up in the mail any day now. My wife asked me why I felt the news to start carrying
    I asked her if she had watched the news lately. You can't even go eat at Cracker Barrel these days without the possibility that some lunatic is going to rum in with a gun and start shooting. So she asked if I was just going to live my life I'm fear. I said no, I'm going to live my life like normal but I'm damn well going to be prepared if the s*** hits the fan and I need to protect myself or the people I care about.
    Spirit51 likes this.

That is a very odd subject to come up without some reason. A persons paranoia is not a normal water cooler conversation. I think the OP might be initiating the discussion without realizing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    You shouldn't have told them in the first place. Carry Always Never Tell- unless it's a restricted zone or some other circumstance like you've been drinking.
    This is what my CCW instructor told us. Don't ever tell anyone if you are carrying or not, except "properly" at a stop by LEO.

Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    I shouldnt need to carry or have a loaded gun on my night stand because i live in a good neighborhood. I know a few co workers and friends think i am paranoid for always carrying. I have been told, "you think everyone is out to get you or something?" I of course just laughed..lol they wouldnt understand since mst live in their little bubbles and think walking in a park at night at 10pm should be absolutely safe....sigh.
    Should have laughed and said; "not nervous at all since I'm armed"

Thinking "they are out to get me" is not paranoia when daily news reports indicate predators really are out to get us.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I believe that a second trial has been finished of two vile individuals who attacked a doctor and his family in their up scale home. The doctor lost his wife and two daughters to a horrible death and was beaten close to death. I bet he wouldn't call you "paranoid".
    I was thinking the same thing.......they lived in a good neighborhood, and granted that probably lowers your risk but does not give you 100% immunity from BG's.

I don't broadcast that I CCW, a few know me well enough that they expect that I would. Like some previous examples, those who suggest you are paranoid, don't they drive around with a spare tire? Good grief, they must be paranoid about having a flat!
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Folks will disagree with me on this but I think you are paranoid if you carry 24/7 and refuse to go any place that does not allow carry. One single person comes to mind who posted he won't go to Disney World (Land?) with his kids because he can't carry. Now, don't get me wrong. It is not meant to be an insult. Everybody has the right to carry and defend themselves and their loved ones as they see fit. I do not ridicule or think someone is strange for literally carrying 24/7 (minus shower I hope!). It is just not me. I do not carry on runs because chances are extremely low I will be assaulted running 12 miles in the middle of nowhere with a 25 dollar MP3 player on me. I do not carry at home but nor do I keep my EDC and guns locked in a safe. They are all close by and I have a security system. Those are risk assessments I have done and willing to live with.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I have terroristic threatening charges filed on a local scumbag that has been threatening me for six years. The threats have escalated forcing me carry all the time. I don't want to carry all the time but now I have a legitimate threat forcing me to remain armed all the time.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

My girlfriend, who thinks I'm a bit paranoid just for carrying, had an aha moment on the highway yesterday. We got into a little bit of an argument because of her back seat driving. She explained it away by saying that after getting run off the road by an 18 wheeler, she gets anxious around them. I told her "well now do you understand why after getting robbed, threatend by gangs, home invasion, ... why I carry and keep guns around the house?". I saw the light bulb go on.

Before this aha moment, she would sometimes roll her eyes just because I would keep a loaded Glock downstairs (hidden) during the daytime and take it upstairs with us at bedtime. She told her friends that I carry, so I'm sure some of them may think I'm paranoid, not that I really give a crap.

I have heard that conservative is a liberal who has been mugged. Everyone thinks it won't happen to them until it does. Some of them won't get a second chance.

The real trick is to upgrade your situational awareness and preparedness without actually losing your ability to loosen up and have fun in public. When you can no longer lighten up enough to have fun while out around town, THEN you ARE too paranoid. I recently met a guy at a friends birthday party who has a CC permit and stashes guns everywhere in his truck and home. He just can't loosen up and have fun. While we laugh and have fun, he sits there like a bump on a log. He won't disarm to have a drink either.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

I carry a spare key to my car in my wallet - am I paranoid or prepared?
    I carry a pen - am I paranoid or prepared?
    I carry a hand kerchief - am I paranoid or prepared?
    I carry a comb - am I paranoid or prepared?
    I carry a watch - am I paranoid or prepared?
    I carry money and credit cards - am I paranoid or prepared?
    I carry a throwdown wallet - am I paranoid or prepared?
    I carry a knife - am I paranoid or prepared?
    I carry a gun and a spare magazine - am I paranoid or prepared?

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I have terroristic threatening charges filed on a local scumbag that has been threatening me for six years. The threats have escalated forcing me carry all the time. I don't want to carry all the time but now I have a legitimate threat forcing me to remain armed all the time.
    If the threats are real, not the product of an overactive imagination, then what you are doing is 110% understandable.
    If the threats are real, I sincerely hope you are doing much more than merely carrying to protect yourself.

This book, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker might be of some help.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    If the threats are real, not the product of an overactive imagination, then what you are doing is 110% understandable.
    If the threats are real, I sincerely hope you are doing much more than merely carrying to protect yourself.

This book, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker might be of some help.
    The threats are real, if I'm lucky he will OD on heroin soon. I'm not really afraid, just concerned and alert. I've taken steps through the Prosecuting attorney to keep this guy away from me.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I walked into a store tonight after work......all four clerks behind the counter in simulcast said very loud, "Which Glock are you carrying today?". Crap..... Busted..... Who have these guys been talking to? Am I printing that bad?
    And then I came to my senses......I was at my local gun store to have nights sights installed on my Glock 27. Don't ask, don't tell doesn't work when a few guys know the serial number of every gun you've purchased in the last year.
    BTW, 15 minutes in and out with a new set of night eyes on my G27. I love those guys.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links