i know some people think i am just paranoid..

This is a discussion on i know some people think i am just paranoid.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ericb327 The threats are real, if I'm lucky he will OD on heroin soon. I'm not really afraid, just concerned and alert. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: i know some people think i am just paranoid..

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    The threats are real, if I'm lucky he will OD on heroin soon. I'm not really afraid, just concerned and alert. I've taken steps through the Prosecuting attorney to keep this guy away from me.
    There are some good ideas in the book I mentioned about assessing the risk from someone who threatens. Sometimes it is
    high and sometimes it is not, and there are things to look for to give you clues about whether or not you are in serious
    danger. The Restraining Order (which is what I suppose you mean by "steps through the Prosecuting Attorney" may be
    helpful or it may be a red flag in front of a raging bull. You need some ways to assess which one it likely is.

And then of course all the common sense stuff needs to be done; dogs, alarms, changed traffic patterns, change where you sleep if possible, you can guess at it all.

Good luck.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    There are some good ideas in the book I mentioned about assessing the risk from someone who threatens. Sometimes it is
    high and sometimes it is not, and there are things to look for to give you clues about whether or not you are in serious
    danger. The Restraining Order (which is what I suppose you mean by "steps through the Prosecuting Attorney" may be
    helpful or it may be a red flag in front of a raging bull. You need some ways to assess which one it likely is.

And then of course all the common sense stuff needs to be done; dogs, alarms, changed traffic patterns, change where you sleep if possible, you can guess at it all.

Good luck.
    Have the Alarms and traffic patterns covered. Some good advice, thanks.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You could ask them why they wear their seat belt. If they think they need it because they might be in an accident, they're just being paranoid.
    Yep, this and do they have a fire extingisher and do they have homeowners insurance? What's the matter with them? Do they have a paranoid fear of tornados? why waste money on homeowners insurance?

I'll bet there are more victums of crime than there are hurricane and tornado victums in the U.S.
    NH_Esau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    I shouldnt need to carry or have a loaded gun on my night stand because i live in a good neighborhood. I know a few co workers and friends think i am paranoid for always carrying. I have been told, "you think everyone is out to get you or something?" I of course just laughed..lol they wouldnt understand since mst live in their little bubbles and think walking in a park at night at 10pm should be absolutely safe....sigh.
    And just where do "they" think 100% of home invasions happen??? Did they notice the 25' fence around the "bad" neighborhoods? If you were going to steal from someone's house to cover YOUR drug habit; would you rob a nice house or a bad house???

BTW,,,,don't come crying to me while you are waiting for the police to show up and the bad guys are_______________ (pick your crime)

02R1,,,,just understand that there are people who feel better about themselves to belittle others and then they feel superior. When it is all said and done, you will be alive and they may be in a pool of blood and pee.

The likely-hood of ever needing a gun to defend yourself is probably about as likely as getting hit by lightning. But I subscribe to the "better to have it and not need it" philosophy.

You won't ever convince the masses that carrying a gun is a good idea, stop trying. Use that energy for something useful, like shooting 100 rounds at the range!

No coworker should know you carry, probably not most friends.

I currently live in a so-so neighborhood, but I came from a hood where crack was sold next door, and Meth behind me. You heard people screaming and shouting at each other all the time and into the night. I was afraid to let my girls go outside and play after dark because you never knew what might happen. So when I carry a gun around my house and with me wherever legal, because I want to be prepared, I don't worry about what everyone else thinks. I know I will be able to protect "me & mine" if ever or whenever the situation arises.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Springfield XD9sc
    S&W 4516
    Mossberg Silver Reserve O/U

I'll steal a line I read on another thread in this forum:

Q: "do you carry a gun with you all the time? Even when you sleep?"

A: (rhetorical) "How many times have you had sex this week?"

Real answer to both questions: None of your damn business.

Could also be looked at from the point that if your close enough to a person to discuss your intimate affairs then you may be close enough to discuss your carry habits. Neither should be discussed lightly with mere acquaintances.

I live in a good neighborhood, it's the visitors that I'm concerned with...
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

eb
    I'm guessing the people attending that college in California or the i-hop in Nevada weren't feeling paranoid that morning either.

I always carry when I'm out and about, and I have a Beretta PX4 .45 with a tactical light on it in the nightstand. We live in a very upscale mountain town that I feel very safe in, but "crazy" can happen anywhere at any time.

It all looks like paranoia until the criticizer becomes the victim I figure...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links