i know some people think i am just paranoid..

This is a discussion on i know some people think i am just paranoid.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I shouldnt need to carry or have a loaded gun on my night stand because i live in a good neighborhood. I know a few ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: i know some people think i am just paranoid..

i know some people think i am just paranoid..

I shouldnt need to carry or have a loaded gun on my night stand because i live in a good neighborhood. I know a few co workers and friends think i am paranoid for always carrying. I have been told, "you think everyone is out to get you or something?" I of course just laughed..lol they wouldnt understand since mst live in their little bubbles and think walking in a park at night at 10pm should be absolutely safe....sigh.

2. Remove Ads

Sir, I personally would not let it bother me. YOU have made a choice. It is NOT necessary for you to justify your choice to naysayers and even if you attempted to do so, it would probably be futile. Instead, immerse yourself in getting the best possible training and in the interim, read, explore, and continue to learn daily. There is a wealth of information on this site. Take advantage of it.

Remember, there are three types of people:
    It will never happen to me - the fools.
    It might happen to me - the prepared.
    It is going to happen to me - the paranoid.

Be safe and "Good Training"
    Last edited by First Sgt; May 5th, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I would probably leave a loaded gun on my nightstand if I didn't have three kids...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    I shouldnt need to carry or have a loaded gun on my night stand because i live in a good neighborhood. I know a few co workers and friends think i am paranoid for always carrying. I have been told, "you think everyone is out to get you or something?" I of course just laughed..lol they wouldnt understand since mst live in their little bubbles and think walking in a park at night at 10pm should be absolutely safe....sigh.
    It sounds as if quite a few people may know more about your personal habits than they need to know. Do you carry concealed?
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "you think everyone is out to get you or something?"

It's not everyone I'm worried about; it's only the one.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    It's called hoping for the best, but being prepaired for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    It sounds as if quite a few people may know more about your personal habits than they need to know. Do you carry concealed?
    . They've never seen me printing. They know me pretty good and know i am into guns so they're quite safe to asume i have my ccw permit and always carry. I never admitted to having my ccw or is carrying though. I dont hang around with these people often since they almost seem like anti gunners.

I have tried educating them, but it's no use. I also care about their safety too. some people will never change.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Tell them "I am first responder for 911 on myself".

Only my immediate family and my leo neighbor know I carry.
    baren and Rhcmlc like this.

Kind of sucks though.. dont really want to distant myself from them, seems i have little choice. Not expecting everyone to be on the same page as me but almost making fun of things i choose to do does bother me. oh well... screw them.. glad my gf isnt like that or i will drop her..

I really hate people i care about who feel ths way, but would hate it even more if something hapened to them.and they couldnt defend themslves...arrgggg

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Sir, I personally not let it bother me. YOU have made a choice. It is NOT necessary for you to justify your choice to naysayers and even if you attempted to do so, it would probably be futile. Instead, emerge yourself in getting the best possible training and in the interim, read, explore, and continue to learn daily. There is a wealth of information on this site. Take advantage of it.

Remember, there are three types of people:
    It will never happen to me - the fools.
    It might happen to me - the prepared.
    It is going to happen to me - the paranoid.

Be safe and "Good Training"

Personally, I think I would vote for 1st Sgt for President I wholeheartedly agree with him, it's your choice not theirs. There are secured firearms in several areas of my home that both of my sons know how & when to access. I carry everyday and keep it with a good flashlight on my night stand. I live in a small town with very little crime, and am 1 block from the local PD.

Now do I really need to do that? IMHO, yeah. Am I, or do I consider myself, paranoid? No, not at all. I worked in emergency services most of my life. My dad is a retired LEO and firearms instructor. I consider myself a realist. I know that the world isn't the nice place we all wish it was. I, and all my kids, practice reguarly as we never really know when the next bad thing can happen. We pray that is doesn't, but we prepare in case it does. I made up my mind that I wasn't going to be a victim. I will protect my family with every breath. That's my choice, just like it's yours.

And besides, even paranoids can have enemies
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

You don't have to worry till your coworkers start asking about that gun on your nightstand. Then several lines must have been crossed depending on what industry your in.

People are going to think you are nuts for carrying a gun, others will think you are nuts for storing food.
    I'm afraid that many of these people will be knocking on your door for assistance in the near future.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    You could ask them why they wear their seat belt. If they think they need it because they might be in an accident, they're just being paranoid.
    lyz_grace and tclance like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

mkh
    Walking in a park at night at 10pm should be safe.

But it is not and that is why we carry guns and stay out of parks at 10pm at night.
    tundra likes this.

I have security "storm doors" both front and back on my house, have a handgun in the nightstand and an 870 under the edge of the bed, and I either have a handgun on my person or within reach at all times in the house. And I live in a "good" neighborhood. Am I paranoid? No, just prepared.
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links