Father and young son try to board plane with firearms in side stuffed toy.

This is a discussion on Father and young son try to board plane with firearms in side stuffed toy. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is a link for a story in RI about an hour from me. a Father and Son getting on a plane with a fire ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Father and young son try to board plane with firearms in side stuffed toy.

Father and young son try to board plane with firearms in side stuffed toy.

Here is a link for a story in RI about an hour from me. a Father and Son getting on a plane with a fire arm in side stuff toys...

And he was not arrested?????

TSA Officials: Gun found in child's toy at T. F. Green Airport | WPRI.com

Your Thoughts please

PS. Sorry if this is in the wring area...
    ***NRA Life Member***
    ***DAV member***
    ***American Legion member***
    ***CCDL member***

2. Remove Ads

It staggers the imagination that the father and son were allowed to continue their flight after what can only be considered an intentional act to disguise and smuggle.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Distinguished Member
    The consistency of treatment for people is so strange (from all parts of government). There seems to be one constant - no consistency.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Really, people who forget to not arm themselves are arrested, but this guy is not? Sometimes words don't do justice to the situation.

Sounds like a TSA test to me.
    smolck, ppkheat, Spade115 and 1 others like this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Sounds like a TSA test to me.
    Looks like they flunked as they let him continue on.....

The first little blurb of the story said it was "domestic" related. Think maybe the guy's wife/ex-wife hid the gun pieces inside the animals in the hopes of getting him in trouble with the law? Maybe he got custody and she didn't like it. Just speculation on my part, but that's the only reason I can think of that they would let him go after questioning him.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    It staggers the imagination that the father and son were allowed to continue their flight after what can only be considered an intentional act to disguise and smuggle.
    Agreed, unless there is a lot more to the story. Old saying, "things are seldom what they seem."
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

sgb
    Rhode Island Airport Police say the discovery of a disassembled gun and ammunition hidden inside stuffed animal toys during a screening at T.F. Green Airport Monday, appears to be domestic related and never posed a security threat.
    Want to bet Mom and Dad are divorced or going through a divorce? Mom packs Jr's bag knowing he's flying out with dad ......... just saying.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    Yeah, but would the average ex-wife (if thats the case) know how to strip a pistol, to that degree?

Definitely a long story to go with this one.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Yeah, but would the average ex-wife (if thats the case) know how to strip a pistol, to that degree?
    Youtube.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

From another news story on the subject...

Authorities later allowed the 4-year-old boy and his father to continue their travel to Detroit after concluding the man didn't pose a risk, authorities said. He told police that he didn't know the parts were inside the stuffed toys -- which included a Mickey Mouse and a teddy bear.

"It appears to be the result of a domestic dispute," Rhode Island Airport Police Chief Leo Messier said. "It was jointly investigated by the RI Airport Police, FBI and the RI State Police and it was determined that there was no threat at any time to air safety."

Overhead Bin - Gun parts, ammo found hidden inside stuffed animals at Rhode Island airport
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Why don't you think a woman can do that? Because she is a woman? Come on. A gun is not that technical a device. I am sure she can find instructions on the internet, if not a video.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

My wife printed out your post and took it outside (we have our own range) and shot out your avatar!
    A woman scorned and all that LOL.

But would the average man know how to resew the stuffed animals back together? It looks like a woman must have been involved if they were sewed back. (sarcasm)
    JDE101 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links