Defensive Carry banner

Father and young son try to board plane with firearms in side stuffed toy.

3K views 34 replies 30 participants last post by  Yoda 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The consistency of treatment for people is so strange (from all parts of government). There seems to be one constant - no consistency.

#7 ·
The first little blurb of the story said it was "domestic" related. Think maybe the guy's wife/ex-wife hid the gun pieces inside the animals in the hopes of getting him in trouble with the law? Maybe he got custody and she didn't like it. Just speculation on my part, but that's the only reason I can think of that they would let him go after questioning him.

#9 ·
Rhode Island Airport Police say the discovery of a disassembled gun and ammunition hidden inside stuffed animal toys during a screening at T.F. Green Airport Monday, appears to be domestic related and never posed a security threat.
Want to bet Mom and Dad are divorced or going through a divorce? Mom packs Jr's bag knowing he's flying out with dad ......... just saying.

#10 ·
Yeah, but would the average ex-wife (if thats the case) know how to strip a pistol, to that degree?

Definitely a long story to go with this one.

#12 ·
From another news story on the subject...

Authorities later allowed the 4-year-old boy and his father to continue their travel to Detroit after concluding the man didn't pose a risk, authorities said. He told police that he didn't know the parts were inside the stuffed toys -- which included a Mickey Mouse and a teddy bear.

"It appears to be the result of a domestic dispute," Rhode Island Airport Police Chief Leo Messier said. "It was jointly investigated by the RI Airport Police, FBI and the RI State Police and it was determined that there was no threat at any time to air safety."

Overhead Bin - Gun parts, ammo found hidden inside stuffed animals at Rhode Island airport

#20 ·
If it's true that the X-wife sewed them inside trying to get hubby arrested I'm sure that they are in the process of taking fingerprints off the disassembled firearm,and or trying to prove she is the one that did it,once they can prove it there will be charges forth coming.

#30 ·
Well, one would think that... But we're talking TSA and the Feds. There's no rhyme or reason to the madness that goes on in their pointy little heads.

#22 ·
Here's what I don't get: that they're allowed to go ON THE SAME FLIGHT. I could understand if it was investigated for several hours, the wife contacted and she admits to her doing this out of spite. But how the TSA could do all that in time for them to take the same flight is weird. But maybe they did call his wife quick and she did allow it was her. Seems very quick though.

#23 ·
My first reaction when I read the story makes me sound paranoid. Let's see, the TSA has been in the news lately for pat downs of little kids and their toys, and suddenly they fing gun parts an ammo in a kids toy. The domestic story does make sense, does anyone remember Sam Kinison's first HBO special? He did a bit on his girlfriend doing the same thing to him.

#27 ·
Stuffed toy Plush Textile Fur Technology

"...a magazine loaded with two .40 caliber rounds and a firing pin inside the second stuffed animal..."

I'm curious how that firing pin works.

The slide looks like its off a Jericho 941.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.