Feeling helpless

This is a discussion on Feeling helpless within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So today I am sitting in my work truck just going over my work order, I am in a neighborhood that isn't the best when ...

Thread: Feeling helpless

Feeling helpless

So today I am sitting in my work truck just going over my work order, I am in a neighborhood that isn't the best when all of a sudden BOOM!! I had my window down and it was so loud I thought whatever this is it is right next to me. In that instant my right hand went to my 3oclock position and......nothing there. Just like a lot of companies we have a no gun on or in any company vehicles policy. I immediately throw my van into D and take off checking all of my mirrors multiple times expecting to see a shootout or car bomb(it was that loud). Wow I felt helpless. So I just drive for about 5 min and wait. No sirens, nothing. I wait for a about 20 min and still nothing. So I slowly drive back. As I approach my previous location I am very alert, scanning. Come to find out a power transformer blew up and I was parked pretty much right under it. I had to laugh at myself, probably because of the adrenaline dump.
    Peace the old fashion way......

2. Remove Ads

I know that feeling the few times I have to go unarmed. At least you had a vehicle to get yourself out of there even though it was not a human threat.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Eh, you did the right thing in getting out of hades while the getting was good.

Not much else to do.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    That vehicle was the better tool to use in that situation and, you used it well. A handgun in that situation may have been comforting but it was wiser to leave the area ASAP.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

As my grandmother always said: "Never hang around areas with loud explosions occurring."

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    You did the right thing in getting out of a situation that you felt was dangerous. Not only because you thought something bad was going down, but also because you dont want to be around one of those transformers after they blow. They contain some very bad PCB's. I used belong to a emergency hazmat crew and when we were around those we needed to be in our full hazmat suits and full SCBA's (self contained breathing apparatus). We also destroyed everything that came in contact with this stuff after a clean-up, new chain saws, shovels, work boots the power company even bought a car that was sitting under one of these and destroyed.

Links