Noteworthy CCW laws for Kentucky or Tennessee?

This is a discussion on Noteworthy CCW laws for Kentucky or Tennessee? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I checked out handgunlaw.us and read over things but I'll be going on my honeymoon with my soon to be wife next weekend and just ...

I checked out handgunlaw.us and read over things but I'll be going on my honeymoon with my soon to be wife next weekend and just want to make sure there aren't somethings that catch me off guard. Anything out of the normal at all? We'll be hiking a lot in Kentucky on public land, want to make sure it's legal to carry then. Open carry legalities? Anything I should be aware of?
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

In Kentucky:

State parks and state Wildlife Management Agencies; you're okay.

In LBL, officially, weapons are not allowed. Unofficially, the Forest Service Police will not harass you if you have a concealed carry license and are carrying concealed (but I wouldn't carry in the buildings - welcome stations, nature station, etc.).

Personally, I CC whenever I'm in the woods at LBL.

There is also a public firing range at LBL on Hwy 68. It's not bad but can be crowded on weekends. Open carry in LBL would not be advisable. Also, remember that the Hwy 68/80 bridge is still out over Kentucky Lake on the west side of LBL.

Mammoth Cave; you're okay there, too ( Details about the new firearms law - Mammoth Cave National Park ).

A few places (other than Barkley Dam area, I'm not sure) are owned by the Army Corps of Engineers and they have a no weapons policy.

With few exceptions, Kentucky is open-carry friendly. No permit required. Kentucky also has state-preemption forbidding local governments from enacting firearms laws.
    Vobis Non Me Dux!

Links