Update on NM Reciprocity --- MS, OK, NV & SC & Updates.

This is a discussion on Update on NM Reciprocity --- MS, OK, NV & SC & Updates. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; NM DPS relisted most of the states they had dropped in the last few months. But they didn’t put South Carolina and Kentucky back on ...

Thread: Update on NM Reciprocity --- MS, OK, NV & SC & Updates.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Update on NM Reciprocity --- MS, OK, NV & SC & Updates.

NM DPS relisted most of the states they had dropped in the last few months. But they didn’t put South Carolina and Kentucky back on their list. Also Louisiana has not added NM back on the list of states those states honor. WV, OH & FL did add NM Back to their lists. As soon as Wyoming sees they are not listed on the NM DPS Page they will drop NM.

July 1, 2012 Mississippi will honor all other states permit/licenses. That is 23 additional states they will honor. Other states will add Mississippi soon after 7/1 because they will now honor theirs. HB 695 was signed by the Governor in May.

On July 1, 2012 Nevada will add South Carolina to the list of states it honors. Nevada Sheriffs' and Chiefs' Association voted to add SC and this year and voted not to drop any of the other states they honor. Let’s hope this trend continues.

OK Governor signed SB1785 https://www.sos.ok.gov/documents/leg...2R/SB/1785.pdf
    That will allow Residents from nonpermitting carry states to carry in Oklahoma. The new law goes into effect in November. Looks like it will cover residents of Arizona, Alaska, Vermont and Wyoming as these states allow permitless carry. They must carry their state issued Drivers License or State ID to show they are a resident of a permitless carry state.. I am hoping the Oklahoma OSBI lists those states whose residents will be able to carry on just their state ID.

www.handgunlaw.us has been updated to show the changes mentioned above that are in effect at this time. Others will be added when they become law. I also what to “Thank” everyone for the kind words you have had for Handgunlaw.us in the past. I believe Handgunlaw.us has the most accurate and up to date information on carrying firearms on the web. Yes I do work at it but it is the people who send me information and give me heads up on changes that make it what it is today. I could never do this by myself. Without assistance from people just like you Handgunlaw.us would not be what it is today. Again “Thank You” for all your assistance over the years. I hope you continue to assist us as your input has proven invaluable.
    Last edited by Gary Slider; May 11th, 2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

Gary hopefully in the Nevada 2013 legislature we can make some in roads to fix the issue so Nevada accepts all states. We will see what happens. Thanks for all you do.
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    As always Gary........THANK BRO for all the info!!!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Thanks Gary for all you do .........

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Barreta, I sure hope NV accepts CO again. It was a bummer to get dropped. We ride through NV on occasions with our motorcycles. Po a lot of people.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    Barreta, I sure hope NV accepts CO again. It was a bummer to get dropped. We ride through NV on occasions with our motorcycles. Po a lot of people.
    I would certainly visit NV IF they would recognize Colorado.

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Glad to see that happen in Mississippi :

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/doc...9/HB0695SG.pdf

HOUSE BILL NO. 695 (Mississippi) ---- Line 329-333:
    (19) Any person holding a valid unrevoked and unexpired license to carry stun guns, concealed pistols or revolvers issued in another state shall have such license recognized by this state to carry stun guns, concealed pistols or revolvers. The Department of Public Safety is authorized to enter into a reciprocal agreement with another state if that state requires a written agreement in order to recognize licenses to carry stun guns, concealed pistols or revolvers issued by this state.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links