CWP Attorneys

This is a discussion on CWP Attorneys within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a retired law professor living in Florida. I am not licensed to practice law in Florida, so the purpose of this post is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CWP Attorneys

CWP Attorneys

I am a retired law professor living in Florida. I am not licensed to practice law in Florida, so the purpose of this post is not to advertise my legal services or to drum up business for myself. But, as I have been reading the many posts on the Forum, it occured to me that if our worst nightmare should ever come to pass, and we have to use deadly force to protect ourselves or family, we would likely need the advice of a knowledgable and experienced CWP attorney in our area or state. Although many CWP holders may already know of an experienced attorney, I expect that many do not. So, I wonder if it is possible to post, maybe as a "Sticky," the names and ways to contact them, of attorneys who are experienced in CWP, as a service to members of this Forum. This may not be practical but thought that I would throw it out for reaction.

Ron

2. Remove Ads

I would not mind knowing of an attorney in my area that has some experience in self defense cases.

J.S.-Kansas, Kansas City area

Rather than a sticky and a big long thread, how about a small spreadsheet or other simple database at this forum with contact info for such attorneys around the country.

I don't have the contact info in front of me, but a number of people in the Twin Cities have identified an attorney there with the type of expertise we're looking for...his name could go on the list.

I'd guess "the management" would need to consent to the project, and then maybe designate someone to keep it current/updated...volunteers?

With your expertise, would you have interest in helping make this happen, Ron?

http://www.building-tux.com/dsmjd/law/lawr_list.htm This doesn't have every state but has some.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    There's a pro-gun lawyer list out there on the 'net. "The Shooter's Bar," IIRC. Google it.

Ron,

This would be much appreciated since the Shooters Bar list is extremely limited...I hope you can make this happen. Thanks!

Maybe we could lobby Martindale-Hubbell to add it as a rated category?

I like your idea......just haven't started my search for same..........

We should all have counsel pre-arranged!

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I need someone in Georgia "PUHLEEZZZEEEE!!!!"
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I would also love to see one,as I've thought about this also.Anyone know of one in the Dallas,Texas area,please let me know.sj

The Florida Castle Doctrine...

has made things a whole lot better for the victim and much worse for the BG and his attorney.
    I don't look for trouble and I don't go to places loaded with trouble...bars, etc.
    I don't look like a potential victim...I am VERY aware of my surroundings...but stuff happens!
    I love Florida!
    Stay alert...stay safe!
    ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

DC Founder
    Not a bad idea, Ron. I could set up a new heading under the links category for the entries, if they have a website. I think most do these days. Or if you gather (or already have) a list I will turn it into a page similar to the "Holster Links" link up in the blue navigation bar, above....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

This would be a GREAT idea. Got two excellent additions for central FL when you get it set up. Anyone needs names and numbers here before then PM me and I'll pass them on.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

The Second Amendment Foundation has a referral service, for locating attorneys that are pro gun rights.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The Second Amendment Foundation has a referral service, for locating attorneys that are pro gun rights.
    That's what I was looking for
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Not a bad idea, Ron. I could set up a new heading under the links category for the entries, if they have a website. I think most do these days. Or if you gather (or already have) a list I will turn it into a page similar to the "Holster Links" link up in the blue navigation bar, above....
    Thanks, Bumper. I was hoping that you would respond. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, however, so I need to check the "Shooters Bar" and "Second Amendment Foundation" sites to see whether what they offer might serve the purpose. If not, then I will need to see how best to develop a list of attorneys. After I check all this out, I will let the group know what I have discovered.

Ron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links