Defensive Carry banner

Does your Mom carry?

Does your Mom carry?

2K views 32 replies 30 participants last post by  stancehold 
#1 ·
Happy Mother's Day! Does Mom carry?

#3 ·
My Mother passed before I could convince her to do so. She was on the edge of doing so, before the cancer won....

#9 ·
I didn't vote because you didn't have a "Mom used to Carry" selection...My Mom carried a S&W 38 spl for decades...About a year or so ago, at age 80, she was diagnosed with "Early on Set Alzheimers"...she handed me her revolver and said "Maybe it's best for you to keep this for me from now on"....sad memory for me....

#10 ·
Voted "No"....Mom is 89, under Hospice care in a Full Health Care facility...I'm not sure if the other residents or the nurses, would find any appreciation if she were to be rolled down the hall in her wheelchair, legs covered in a blanket, and all of a sudden, from under the blanket, whip out her .38 Police Special, that she had for years in the house, and announce she wanted her oxygen levels increased...:wink:

#14 ·
My mom will never carry but I did convince her to take back her Remington 870 Wingmaster 20ga loaded up with 3BK.

Not exactly the best setup for HD but it's better than nothing.

#15 ·
I'm not sure if the other residents or the nurses, would find any appreciation if she were to be rolled down the hall in her wheelchair, legs covered in a blanket, and all of a sudden, from under the blanket, whip out her .38 Police Special, that she had for years in the house,
Never under estimate old people

#23 ·
Reactions: mano3
#24 ·
My mother is dead, so not likely. She didn't mind shotguns and rifles, but never liked handguns. However, she was not "anti" about it. In fact, she went with me to buy my 2nd handgun... and never said a thing about it other than "it looks like a good gun"...... I think I could shoot that OK. I think in her case, is was just never having and real exposure to handguns, nor anyone to teach her how to use them.

#25 ·
I voted "NO" my mom isnt a hater or anything (they have guns) but has never seemed interested in carrying, my dad however periodically carries 1 at work but doesnt seem interested in CC'n either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.