On another board (I think), this question was asked: - Page 2

On another board (I think), this question was asked:

This is a discussion on On another board (I think), this question was asked: within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If my pants are on so is my gun, simple as that. There's also two loaded Mossbergs in different areas so I'm never very far ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On another board (I think), this question was asked:

If my pants are on so is my gun, simple as that. There's also two loaded Mossbergs in different areas so I'm never very far from either of them.

As far as being paranoid ... when you hear your door being pryed open with a crowbar at 12:30 in the morning, it really doesn't matter what people call you, now does it? It didn't to me and I was damned glad I had a shotgun handy.

Ultimately what it comes down to for me is this: If my lack of preparedness were to cause me grief or injury then I'd have to accept it as my fault and try to do better from then on. However, the thought of my wife or family being harmed because I failed to do all I could to protect them is something I simply couldn't live with. If someone wants to call me paranoid for that, let 'em!
    Jack

Me: All the time
    Wife: Nearly all the time, or one nearby

Same reasons as everyone above - just slightly different circumstances, slightly different facts.

BG's can be anywhere, anytime. We do not choose time and place. They do, and it is not based on our convenience. They do not ask. They do not say please. They are probably drunk, drugged up, or need drug money, or all of the above.

We are not paranoid. We are realistic.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

at home i always have my glock 37 on my hip. however, now it will never leave my side. yesterday at a hearing for the parents of my 2 foster children, the father (after the judge told him he lost all parental rights, and granted us permanant guardianship) told the judge and all present he would get his kids back. even if he had to steal a trunk full of guns to get it done.

if i was not at condition orange 100% of the time before that, i definately am now.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman_Glocker View Post
    at home i always have my glock 37 on my hip. however, now it will never leave my side. yesterday at a hearing for the parents of my 2 foster children, the father (after the judge told him he lost all parental rights, and granted us permanant guardianship) told the judge and all present he would get his kids back. even if he had to steal a trunk full of guns to get it done.

if i was not at condition orange 100% of the time before that, i definately am now.
    WOW, you be careful there, watch your back
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I think my home is where I'm MOST likely to need a firearm

Any incident that happens while I'm out and about would almost certainly be random and would only score what I had on me at the time. At my house a criminal knows I have all my stuff and it's more private, the criminal can plan, and has more time and privacy to commit their crime.

Also there are probably more criminals willing to rob homes, even the non-violent sorts, because they can try to plan it for when you're not home. One willing to rob a store or commit a mugging has to be willing to at least threaten violence.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

I am carrying 100% of the time at home. People will make comments friends, relatives, I don't care.

J.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman_Glocker View Post

.......the father (after the judge told him he lost all parental rights, and granted us permanant guardianship) told the judge and all present he would get his kids back. even if he had to steal a trunk full of guns to get it done.

Condition Orange......and Child Protective Services, or the "official" child safety folks that petition for/with you should be jumping in here with both feet right fast, along with a court order.......

You be careful!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Get real . The only time you need a gun or knife is when you don't have one. So I carry all the time and stay safe.
    Just like an umbrella...you carry an umbrella but you still hope you don't get rained on....

But this is a "safety umbrella"
    Armed & Dangerous...and Inconspicuous...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Condition Orange......and Child Protective Services, or the "official" child safety folks that petition for/with you should be jumping in here with both feet right fast, along with a court order.......

You be careful!
    Screw the court order. How many spouses, family members, ex-boyfriends/girlfriends, co-workers, etc have been attacked and/or killed by someone under a court order? I have yet to see a restraining order and the paper it's written on that will stop a bullet, knife or a baseball bat. Give me a gun and let the huggy, feel good types keep the paper.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

VIP Member
    In my area we just had a couple killed inside their home... a secure, gated, patrolled, private community! The case is still unsolved. Too bad one of them wasn't armed!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Actually, if he gets a court order then if he has to defend his family it shows that he tried to take steps legally before he had to shoot.

RO's are good for paperwork trails so that if any trials are held, it may be the difference between being convicted and having justice served with no conviction.

always armed and ready

I'm always on all the time. I keep my 1911 on me around the clock. Living in NoVA you see the home invasions during broad daylight on the news for DC and MD. All the scum has to do is cross the river and they're here so I don't take chances. I figure the one time I don't have it will be the one time I need it. I also keep a quick open folder knife on me and ready to deploy as well (hence why I always where the cargo and dungaree style jeans and pants).

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Get real . The only time you need a gun or knife is when you don't have one. So I carry all the time and stay safe.
    This is why I have always had a good first aid kit in my car. Even before I started to cary (too young) I had a med bag to make sure I didnt need it.

After wishing I had a gun a few times (once for a 4 legged critter and twice for two legged) I got my LTC. I've never needed the peice sence I got my permit. Hopefully that will remain true.

Around the house I dont carry, but I live in a 2 br 3rd floor walk up, so the guns are about 10 sec away from my hands any where in the house.

AE.

Assistant Administrator
    so the guns are about 10 sec away from my hands any where in the house.
    Not wishing to alter anyone's choices at all - but a good excercize is - look at watch and observe 10 seconds ticking away. It is a long time when seen that way IMO - and then relate that to a situation where instantly something goes down - door bust in - whatever.

Further to this is the need to be sure to remember to ''tool up'' if going out and divested of piece in home.

OK - I am old and getting forgetful so - I play safe!!

My reason for mentioning tho is simple altruism - I'd absolutely hate for anyone to get ''caught out'' - the one in a million time they really need to be armed - which can be all but unpredictable. For most of course hopefully it'll never happen.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links