Shenandoah National Park sign that says firearms must be unloaded

This is a discussion on Shenandoah National Park sign that says firearms must be unloaded within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by F350 Pardon me but wouldn't carrying a handgun for personal protection as authorized by the state you are in be a lawful ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Shenandoah National Park sign that says firearms must be unloaded

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Pardon me but wouldn't carrying a handgun for personal protection as authorized by the state you are in be a lawful purpose????

I have asked a US Attorney and got a non-committal type answer along the lines of "Well it would have to go to court and be decided" in other words someone will have to risk a felony and have a 55 gal drum of $100 bills to test it.
    I've heard this same argument made for carrying in a post office. If anyone wants to take a swing at it, I agree with needing the 55 gallon drum of $100's handy. President Reagan once said that the scariest to hear were "We're from the government and we're here to help."
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

2. Remove Ads

Federal Signage

An important note on 18 USC 930, this sign must be "CONSPICUOSLY POSTED AT EACH PUBLIC ENTRANCE.."; meaning that there is no doubt, in the minds of a reasonable and prudent person that firearms are prohibited. If this is not dispalyed; there is no violation!
    Virginia ammended its law to allow the concealed carry in a STATE park and even carry in a bar or restaraunt (18.2-308.012).

While I cannot speak for all LEO's, I can definitively state that my fellow officers are WELL VERSED in the Virginia laws. Why? Because like all of reading this, 99% of the officers I work with are 2d Amendment advocates. We use discretion when dealing with firearms violations. We have to; years ago VCDL sued a couple of officers, the city AND our Department.
    Anubis, Aceoky and matthew03 like this.

VIP Member
    Back from the grave.

This sign being painted on a plank instead of an official metal sign like above tells me a "concerned" citizen made this sign and nailed it up in the middle of the night

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Just sayin.

Michael
    What kind of idiot ranger nails a sign to a tree? Don't the rangers there have a shop and some basic tools to mount a sign to a 4"x4" treated post a level and a shovel?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links