Famous Daves takes down their sign, ( Maybe? )

This is a discussion on Famous Daves takes down their sign, ( Maybe? ) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I went to Famous Daves to eat about 3 moths ago and they had a hand written paper sign on the door ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GeorgiaDawg

Thread: Famous Daves takes down their sign, ( Maybe? )

My wife and I went to Famous Daves to eat about 3 moths ago and they had a hand written paper sign on the door stating that they weren,t allowing any weapons inside. So I took it upon myself to e-mail them saying that I could no longer eat there if they were going to deny me my 2nd amendment right to bear arms and also taking away my right of self-defense. Well , I my wife and daughter decided to try going there again last weekend, and there was no sign on the door. I don,t know if my e-mail had anything to do with changing ther mind , but I would like to think so...

VIP Member
    If it was a hand written sign, I'll be willing to bet someone there took it upon themselves to stick it on the door, without corporates knowledge. I've been to Dave's in VA and IN and never seen a sign. I've OC'ed here in VA and never had anyone say anything about it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I was there a few weeks ago and didn't see any signs, but I did enjoy some good BBQ.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I love their ribs but haven't seen any signs in the one I go to here in Colorado. I hope I don't see one next time I go, either.
    Chris Dawg likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I have never seen a Famous Daves posted.

Never heard of Famous Dave's but we have great barbecue here in Lexington, North Carolina
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

The Famous Dave's in my neck of the woods has a sign stating that guns and alcohol don't mix. That's all the sign says. It appears to be a feel good sign for the antis.

VIP Member
    I have never seen a posted Famous Dave's in my travels. Mostly in WI & IN. Sounds like a knee-jerk reaction from an anti staffer that got squelched fast once unearthed. Thanks for reporting it to FD mgt.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Sounds like maybe an "offended" customer stuck a handwritten sign up on their way out the door. I'd be willing to bet it wasn't even an employee.

I've only eaten at Famous Dave's twice because it's right next to Cabela's, by Kansas Speedway, and I've never seen a sign posted in that one either.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

we all like to think so too and I hope so. maybe other did too

Eat at local mom and pops without corporate mandates and you will be much less likely to have to deal with having your 2nd amendment rights denied.

Plus the food is better and you're not paying for a bunch of faux down home decorations.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Moderator
    I wonder would people would think if there was a handwritten sign stuck to the door that said "no liberals allowed inside"?

Think it'd get any PR?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Sponsored Links