Willing to kill vs willing to die? - Page 2

Willing to kill vs willing to die?

This is a discussion on Willing to kill vs willing to die? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hmmmm. I would suggest you think hard at whether carrying a firearms daily is for you. If you are still wrestling with this issue, then ...

View Poll Results: Which stack is bigger?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stack 2 is bigger than 3 - There are more things for which I'd kill than die for

24 32.00%
  • Stack 3 is bigger than stack 2 - There are more things for which I'd die than kill

8 10.67%
  • Stack 2 and 3 are equal

6 8.00%
  • There's nothing in stack 2 or 3 - if I'm willing to die for it, I'm willing to kill

37 49.33%
  • I'm not willing to die or kill for anything

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Willing to kill vs willing to die?

hmmmm. I would suggest you think hard at whether carrying a firearms daily is for you. If you are still wrestling with this issue, then I doubt you will ever use
    your gun in self defense. I came to the conclusion a long time ago:

material stuff?? Let it go.
    My life or the life of a loved one?? Shoot 'em to the ground.
    JDE101 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    hmmmm. I would suggest you think hard at whether carrying a firearms daily is for you. If you are still wrestling with this issue, then I doubt you will ever use
    your gun in self defense. I came to the conclusion a long time ago:

material stuff?? Let it go.
    My life or the life of a loved one?? Shoot 'em to the ground.
    I should've framed this better in a forum specifically devoted to DC. I'm thinking more broadly than simply well-defined GGs/BGs and my stuff/my people. For instance: I'm willing to die for my faith, but I'm not willing to kill for it. I have seen hazy ID situations (combat, not personal defense, but I can see possible transfer) in which I risked taking a shot from a possible bad guy vs. taking a shot at a possible good guy/neutral. I hope I'd do it again.

I figure I'll wrestle with this for my entire life - and in a relatively clear situation I don't see it preventing me from using my gun in self defense, though there are some extreme situations in which I can see not using my firearm to protect my own life. The lives of my loved ones? Not a single hesitation.

However, this question does affect my decisions about how I live my life, mostly in how I avoid certain environments and situations.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Except for some religious fanatics, dying is not a valid plan of action. If I need to kill, I will, but accepting a risk of death or injury is not the same as resigning ones self to that fate.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Like a lot of you I don't understand the question either. But I would be much more willing to kill, even be killed, to protect my family than I would be to just protect myself.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    I should've framed this better in a forum specifically devoted to DC. I'm thinking more broadly than simply well-defined GGs/BGs and my stuff/my people. For instance: I'm willing to die for my faith, but I'm not willing to kill for it. I have seen hazy ID situations (combat, not personal defense, but I can see possible transfer) in which I risked taking a shot from a possible bad guy vs. taking a shot at a possible good guy/neutral. I hope I'd do it again.

I figure I'll wrestle with this for my entire life - and in a relatively clear situation I don't see it preventing me from using my gun in self defense, though there are some extreme situations in which I can see not using my firearm to protect my own life. The lives of my loved ones? Not a single hesitation.

However, this question does affect my decisions about how I live my life, mostly in how I avoid certain environments and situations.
    My faith doesn't have a prohibition against killing, and it doesn't require me to die for it, so I am good there. Avoidance of likely bad situations is usually a good plan, but not at the cost of becoming reclusive and fearful.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Stack 2 is bigger than 3 - There are more things for which I'd kill than die for

I understand the question completely. Do not judge me by my answer and I will not judge those who question.
    Beans likes this.

The things I'm willing to kill for are the same things I'm willing to die for.
    Chief1297 likes this.

TOF
    My objective is not to die or to kill only to keep mine and myself safe from harm by whatever means necessary.

A suicide bomers objective is to Kill and Die. I am certainly not one of them.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

PB2
    I would rather kill than be killed. But I have to believe the other guy feels the same way, so if I am not willing to die in the attempt then I should not carry the means by which to kill someone.

Is your middle name confucious? I know It may sound dumb but have you seen "The Book of Eli"? I made up my mind the day I decided to own, let alone carry a gun. You my freind need to take a long, hard look in the mirror if you a doubt.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by PB2 View Post
    I would rather kill than be killed. But I have to believe the other guy feels the same way, so if I am not willing to die in the attempt then I should not carry the means by which to kill someone.
    I would tend to agree...you really need to re evaluate why you carry. This is not a judgment. But if you are hesitant on a forum you will most likely have doubts when you need to protect yourself or loved ones.

VIP Member
    I don't understand the 'willing to die' thing. If I get zapped, I assure you that it was not part of my plan.

Seems to me that anything important enough for me to die for I would kill to protect.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I don't understand the 'willing to die' thing. If I get zapped, I assure you that it was not part of my plan.
    I think it is seperate from SD. Like running into a burning building.....that is how I looked at it.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I think it is seperate from SD. Like running into a burning building.....that is how I looked at it.
    That's my take on it, too. Regarding SD, if I'm willing to die for it, I'm willing to kill for it, and vice versa.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links