Willing to kill vs willing to die? - Page 3

Willing to kill vs willing to die?

This is a discussion on Willing to kill vs willing to die? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in no way willing to die... I will however kill anyone who tries to make it so....

View Poll Results: Which stack is bigger?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stack 2 is bigger than 3 - There are more things for which I'd kill than die for

24 32.00%
  • Stack 3 is bigger than stack 2 - There are more things for which I'd die than kill

8 10.67%
  • Stack 2 and 3 are equal

6 8.00%
  • There's nothing in stack 2 or 3 - if I'm willing to die for it, I'm willing to kill

37 49.33%
  • I'm not willing to die or kill for anything

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Willing to kill vs willing to die?

I am in no way willing to die... I will however kill anyone who tries to make it so.
    multistage and WHEC724 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am willing to die for my loved ones and those close to me. I am willing to kill to protect the same. Pretty simple.
    This

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Not quite sure I understand your question, but I'll try to answer it.

To me it basically comes down to, I would kill to protect myself and my loved ones. While I will not lay down my life in vain, I would give it up protecting those I love.

I will not kill to protect material items, but if I feel my life is in danger because someone is trying to take them by force, I will meet that force with ruthless force of my own. They may take me out, but they will not take me out easily.

^^^^^^IN a WORD^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YEP to what archer51 said.

Trooper Padgett put it rather eloquently as well,

You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of
    brass." - Trooper M. Padgett
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I've seen something similar. It goes like this.

Would you ever hit your spouse?

Would you hit her for a thousand dollars?

How about ten thousand?

How about a million dollars? Would you slug her then?

What if she said "It's OK honey, we could really use the money."?
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I really dont understand the poll...but i will say i will protect myself & my loved ones by any means necessary...if someone is stealing my property they better not threaten me...if they do then all bets off..

If dying is required to protect my family, I will surely do it, but I won't go alone. The whole bundle of lead gets unhooked before I cash in. At least, that would be the desired procedure.

The only thing that I'm willing to die for that I won't kill for is my faith in Christ. Other than that if I'll die for it I'll kill for it, and frankly I can't think of anything that I would rather die for than kill for. If I love them, or it, that much I want to be here to enjoy them (or it).

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other ******* die for his."
    ― George S. Patton Jr.
    GeorgiaDawg likes this.

I understand the survey, took a few reads to get it. I don't think there needs to be choices however. To me it simply comes down to you are either willing to kill or not and if you are you most certainly are willing to die.

If we are speaking in the legal sense then the law in each state defines that you can only "kill" for the purpose of self defense or yourself or loved ones.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

If I have made the decision to use deadly force against another than I have already made the choice to die as a result. It is the main reason for implementing deadly force. The fear of death or serious bodily injury for you or your loved ones.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

I've been there and done that.
    It really depends on what your belief is at the time.
    And I really don't think you can come to an intelligent decision until the situation is in your face.
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"

I may be misunderstanding some of the responses, but some people seem to be confusing the phrases "willing to die" and "want to die" - those are very different in my opinion.

There are only a couple of things that I would be willing to kill for - my country and my loved ones - and I would die for them as well. Personally, I cannot justify being willing to kill for something that I am not willing to die for, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by rably View Post
    I may be misunderstanding some of the responses, but some people seem to be confusing the phrases "willing to die" and "want to die" - those are very different in my opinion.

There are only a couple of things that I would be willing to kill for - my country and my loved ones - and I would die for them as well. Personally, I cannot justify being willing to kill for something that I am not willing to die for, and vice versa.
    Not to quibble about wording but though most say that they will die for their country, in fact, when they do give their lives or get wounded doing a valorous act it is most likely to save another service member. Trust me, the last thing on your mind is defending the Constitution. It is on saving your buddy(s).
    Last edited by suntzu; May 17th, 2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: I hope that came out right.It is meant to be a positive statement.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Not to quibble about wording but though most say that they will die for their country, in fact, when they do give their lives or get wounded doing a valorous act it is most likely to save another service member. Trust me, the last thing on your mind is defending the Constitution. It is on saving your buddy(s).
    A browse through the CMOH and Service Cross citations shows this to be true. A good number are won not for troops slaying amazing numbers of the enemy, but for performing heroic acts to save the guy(s) next to them - jumping on grenades, running through fire to give aid/carry wounded to safety, throwing WP flares out of the aircraft with bare hands... real hero stuff.

VIP Member
    I voted #1

I am much more willing to kill than die. I don't plan on doing either, but am much more comfortable with the aftermath of killing another than the aftermath of being killed. Maybe it's just me.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Is this a Mensa test??

-
    stancehold likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links